Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

Got a few minor updates.

First up is my calipers came in and man are they nice. Here is a comparison of them vs my old calipers:

Got some centric brake pads to DD with as well. The size compared to stock gsr is just funny.

When the block was being stripped the pressure plate bolts broke. This happened last time as well so I figured now would be a good time to throw these bolts in:

I also got bored and decided now would be as good of time as ever to yank the sunroof. My brother will be making me a cap sometime in the next 2 weeks while the car is down.

Trying to decide what I should work on tomorrow. Still waiting on the block. Also, has anyone ever used a brake line flaring tool? I need to do some flaring on one of my brake lines in order to finish my ABS delete and I was just wondering if there is a cheap flare tool that worked well for you. I would much rather not buy the expensive ones for just a 1 time 1 flare use.

XjoEnX

Nice updates. Sorry I missed it but what calipers are those from?

Nick_C78

They are Centric Posi Quiet Integra Type R Remans from rock auto. They even came with the bracket, pads, and the calipers come Zinc Dichromate coated.

XjoEnX

They are Centric Posi Quiet Integra Type R Remans from rock auto. They even came with the bracket, pads, and the calipers come Zinc Dichromate coated.
Damn I never realized how much bigger they are than the regular Integra's. What do you need to do to make them work? I can't imagine that it bolts right on there.

Nick_C78

You need a better imagination then sir. It bolts right on. Just need to buy mini cooper clubman rotors if you plan on staying 4 lug. It is that simple.

Nick_C78

Its ok Joe. Socal is always here to help our NorCal peeps.

So I did a lot more cleaning up today. Tucked more wires and cleaned up the paint. Some areas were really bad and even had bare metal showing, so I fogged a little paint in some areas to clean it up a bit. Not the greatest, but looks better than it did.

Relocated that cluster of plugs that normally sits on the passenger side strut tower:

Same location, but after paint:

I couldn't do much with the right side wire without cutting and extending the wires, but I still moved it and put fresh loom:

Finished Product:

I also stripped my valve cover and repainted it. Decided to go back to black:

Wrinkle Paint dries funky and I took a pic during one of its awkward stages. I will get a pic of the finished product when I come back up next week. Still have to clean off the lettering and whatnot too.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You need a better imagination then sir. It bolts right on. Just need to buy mini cooper clubman rotors if you plan on staying 4 lug. It is that simple.
Hey so do you need to mill the caliper bracket or not with te Mini Cooper rotors? I don't recall a few people saying they needed to.

Oh and I used a blue point one and the autoZone oem brand. But The oem one worked just fine as well for me.

Nick_C78

No, the mini cooper rotor and the type r calipers are a direct bolt on system.

Blue point one and autozone oem brand? What the hell are you talking about sir?