Would u put a B16 in your Teg?

PogKai

B20VTEC
I'd rock one if my stock block were under repair or some sort.. just to keep me moving meanwhile.

boostedteg1582

Well I would throw it in there and then build the hell out of the ls block and do ls-vtec conversion. You will already have the head. Or just build it for boost because your car is still on the road and take your time.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I wouldn't put a stock B16 in a G3, or a G2, only a G1. Not enough torque. Making HP isn't much of an issue for a B series, it's that lovely and precious torque that hard to come by. :)

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
i wanted to and i still might put one in my g2....its not a bad motor....plus the swap is easy.....and it will smoke the stock ls motor i got now...

ncteg

GO a head for it man. my friend has one in his teg and he loves it. But he cant handle my crvtec :twisted:

potatobiker8

ehh....lsvtec is faster then a b16...so just do that. b16s arent wortht he money...just get a bb16 head or gsr head...that would be much better.

ncteg

potatobiker8 said:
ehh....lsvtec is faster then a b16...so just do that. b16s arent wortht he money...just get a bb16 head or gsr head...that would be much better.
Yeah just do that it would be cheaper all around. but get a gsr head if u can

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
TegSox said:
I wouldn't put a stock B16 in a G3, or a G2, only a G1. Not enough torque. Making HP isn't much of an issue for a B series, it's that lovely and precious torque that hard to come by. :)
Agreed! Much rather do an ls-vtec of something than having a b16 lugging around a G3

gmetalintegra

boostedteg1582 said:
Well I would throw it in there and then build the hell out of the ls block and do ls-vtec conversion. You will already have the head. Or just build it for boost because your car is still on the road and take your time.
+1 thats what im in the process of doin, slowly lol its that whole money thing lmao

JdmITRCinci

JDM Bliss
take a b18b and throw a b16a head on w/ high compression pistons and build a high compression motor you can easily get a ratio of 11.2

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
I was really just tryin to see who would put a B16 in there 3rdgen, not Ls/ vtec or anything. mainly if I go turbo then I'm going to want a fresher Engine with Vtec B16 or B18c1, the B16 is cheap and with the turbo I'd be more than happy with the Hp and Tq

Last edited: