who is running ls/vtec?

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i just want to knowof some na setups that people have . times there pulling, hp ratings. u know the basics.

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
8urcivic said:
i just want to knowof some na setups that people have . times there pulling, hp ratings. u know the basics.
im running ls/vtec and i have about 2500 miles on it is runng just as perfect as when first built it pulls so hard i made 190 and 140 it runs a 14.2 on street tires with busted axles so with slicks and good axles i will hope fully turn a 13.80 or so im all motor

have from the block up
jdm gsr tranny
ls block and ls crank
ls rods
arp rod bolts
ctr piston heads
ge vtec conversion kit
b18c1 head
omni power retainers and springs
type r valves
type r lost motion device
type r vtec seloind,type r oil and water pump
skunk 2 stage 2 cams
aem cam gears
skunk 2 intake manifold
type r throttle body
rc 550 cc injectors
chrome tunning
full greddy evo exhaust (headers,test pipe, evo2 catback)

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I was running ls/vtec on a 2.0b18b with eagle rods and 12:1 cr with a b17 head with skunk 2 valvetrain and stage 2 cams, tuned with hondata. I would say that if I wanted to throw together a cheap build I would maybe throw a vtec head on a ls block but I would never again put any time into a serious ls/vtec build. IMO I could have built up a gsr motor to be way faster with alot less hastle. Once you start gettitng serious and really putting together something good there just no point to the whole ls/vtec thing, I just don't think its worth it, I wasn't pleased with the results and not talking bad about it, it has its advantages, good torque curve, but I would rather buy an aftermarket crank and change the stroke ratio that way to get a better power curve. But it was an experience so if you want to try it go for it.

Last edited:

lsvtecmyke

ls block and ls crank
ls rods
arp rod bolts
pr3 pistons
b16 head
JUN 3 camshafts
JUN TI valvesprings and retainers
itr intake and exhaust valves
b16 lost motion devices
jdmc cam gears
195 lph holley fuel pump
rc 310 injectors
skunk2 intake manifold
aem sri
greddy evo
dc header

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
lsvtecmyke said:
ls block and ls crank
ls rods
arp rod bolts
pr3 pistons
b16 head
JUN 3 camshafts
JUN TI valvesprings and retainers
itr intake and exhaust valves
b16 lost motion devices
jdmc cam gears
195 lph holley fuel pump
rc 310 injectors
skunk2 intake manifold
aem sri
greddy evo
dc header

thats nice....im thinking about a completly stock type-r head and a chipped b16 ecu

GAIntegra

i was running ls/vtec.. It couldn't take the high rpms daily and died, so in went the b18c block <- better imo!!

lsvtecmyke

8urcivic said:
thats nice....im thinking about a completly stock type-r head and a chipped b16 ecu
that works.. what are u planning to do for the bottom end though? more important IMO