What's the differences between model 94-01 ?

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
1994-2001 Acura Integra Highlights
Dramatically redesigned for 1994, with dual airbags, the compact Integra 2-door hatchback coupe and 4-door notchback were based on the Honda Civic front-drive platform. Little-changed in dimensions or weight, the 2-door rode a wheelbase nearly two inches shorter than the sedan's, and measured close to six inches shorter overall. Acura's least-expensive model came in three levels: base RS, luxury LS, and sporty GS-R, each available in both body styles. All Integras have 4-wheel disc brakes, but only the LS and GS-R got standard antilock braking.

Year to Year Changes:

1995 Acura Integra:
A new LS Special Edition arrived for 1995, mixing the base engine with GS-R looks. Leather upholstery was featured, along with 195/55R15 tires on alloy wheels and a thicker stabilizer bar. Special Edition hatchback also got a rear spoiler.

1996 Acura Integra: Except for minor equipment updates not much was new for the '96 Integras. The GS-R got new standard 15-inch alloy wheels, while the other two models gained fresh wheel covers.

1997 Acura Integra:
The Integra model lineup was juggled for 1997 and the audio system traded its standard cassette player for an in-dash CD player. Also, new alloy wheels were added to GS and GS-R models. The 4-door RS was discontinued, while the "GS" badge was placed on the former Special Edition model. Except for the RS, all were available in both body styles. As a result, the lineup ascended from RS through LS, GS, and GS-R after the start of the model year. Midyear, however, Acura unveiled a limited-edition Type-R, built off the GS-R but with a 195-horsepower engine.

1998 Acura Integra:
Minor trim revisions marked the change from the 1997 to 1998 model year for the Integra line.

1999 Acura Integra:
The Integra model lineup was trimmed for the '99 model year. Gone were the high-performance Type R and RS hatchback coupe, leaving the LS, GS, and GS-R in 2- and 4-door form. LS models added 15-inch alloy wheels (replacing 14s), plus a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. GS-Rs replaced cloth upholstery with standard leather.

2000 Acura Integra: The high-performance Type-R returned to the Integra lineup this year, with newly standard air conditioning and the 195-horsepower engine. All Integras gained a standard antitheft engine immobilizer and 100,000-mile tune-up intervals.

2001 Acura Integra:
No significant changes were made for 2001.
Source: Consumer Guide Auto.

Last edited:

itrintegra

wish my gsr had leather seats, it came with the stupid cloth seats, but i guess it shouldnt matter since i am eventually going with recaro seats tho.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
my GSR came with leather seats :) its a bitch in the summer though fell like im gonna get hemroids !

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
my GSR came with leather seats :) its a bitch in the summer though fell like im gonna get hemroids !
X2
I wouldn't have bought my GSR if it had leather. It's hot a hell in the summer (your legs stick to it when your wearing shorts) and freezing cold in the winter, leather's overrated (like that one rapper, G3GirL:p).

blitzillist

Professional RiceR
94-97 integras had different bumpers headlights and tailights than the 98-01 models. 99+GS-R's all have leather interior, 95-98 was optional. All 00+integras had computer keys along with 00+ R's have immobilizers.
-The models of integra from base to loaded is RS, LS, GS, GS-R, Type R.
-Rs, LS, GS models are powered by a 140(crankhorsepower) motor with either a 4 speed automatic transmission or a 5 speed manual.
- GS-R model's are powered by a 170(crankhorsepower) motor with a shorter 5 speed manual tranny
- Type R's, made in 97 and 98 in only Championship white, not available in 1999 and again offered in 2000 and 2001 in Nighthawk Black Pearl and Pheonix Yellow, are powered by a 195(crankhorsepower) motor with an even shorter geared transmission. All R's have no sunroof, while the 97 R model had a 4 lug setup as opposed to the 98, 00, 01, had a 5 lug setup.

joe.wong321

97 R model had a 4 lug setup as opposed to the 98, 00, 01, had a 5 lug setup
What is it ?
All 00+integras had computer keys along with 00+ R's have immobilizers
Can I get this install on 99 or older model ??

Teggy64

Got vtec?
98-01 changed the steering wheel to display the acura emblem rather then spelling out the word. 98-01 also gained additional adjustment knobs on the seats. The graphics on the climate switch were tweaked slightly. A light was added to the cluster for the imoblizer. That's everything major I can think of.

Last edited: