whats a good intake for a LS block

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I'm planning on getting a Comptech intake with the ice box.

Depends on what you want, cold air or short ram.

steelies_ftw

cabezzzdb8 said:
Yet another intake question
yuppers, but i got aem short ram, and my friend currently has it on his civic, no dyno sheets but you can feel the diff compared to the V2 and the comptech (he had both before, he likes the short ram best)

since your having such a big problem deciding

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
How far are you going to go with your mods?
What area of the rpm range do you want to focus on building power in...aka...where do you want your powerband to be?

1329itr00

Type R
I don't know if I read it on here or not, but i saw a thread that said cold air's make better power on non-vtec motors. Short rams make better power on vtec motors, how true it is i'm not certain. my friends that have ls's use cold airs both aem

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
on my old LS i ran a SRI and i loved it but i never tried the cold air so if there is any truth to what 1329itr00 id say do CAI.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
So you decided to follow the flock, do what everybody else does regardless of wether or not it may be right for you, and trust peoples butt dyno's. A fine way to put together an engine package.

faylo604

i dont know i just wanna test and see... im going autocrossing this sunday.... i wanna run it stock.. and a few month later change it up and see how much improvement i get..

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I searched "CAI" and found this:

TegSox said:
SRI pro's:
-better throttle response at high rpm's than a CAI.
-can flow more air faster at higher rpm's than a CAI=more HP created in upper rpm's.
con's:
-They suck in warmer air at idle/low speed than a CAI=less HP created vs. a CAI that'll be pulling in cooler air at these low rpm's and speeds.

CAI pro's:
-Suck in cooler air at idle/low rpm's vs. a SRI=more power created vs. the SRI at these low rpm's/low speeds.
con's:
-intake air flow speed is stunted vs. a SRI at high rpm's=less HP created in the upper rpm's vs. SRI.
This is why I asked you those questions earlier in this thread, so I could help you make an educated desicion.