What springs should I get?

twlplague

Deal?

my friend just got dropzone coil-overs for his CRX
i've heard some bad things and some good things

i've found dropzone springs and struts for about $285
thats alot cheaper than alot of other brands...worth it?

if i dont get those then im prolly gonna get Skunk 2 springs and Tokico Hp blues..but thats more $$$

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
twlplague said:
my friend just got dropzone coil-overs for his CRX
i've heard some bad things and some good things

i've found dropzone springs and struts for about $285
thats alot cheaper than alot of other brands...worth it?

if i dont get those then im prolly gonna get Skunk 2 springs and Tokico Hp blues..but thats more $$$
no dont do it... dropzone can lick my balls i rather roll stock.. check ebay... forgot the ebay seller but he sells lots of tokico struts... one of them big sellers. anyways he sells it for a good ass deal, if you check for the COMPLETE TOKICO STRUTS... those are pretty cheap... comes with tokico blues with tokico springs. and oh yea.... YOU GOTTA PAY TO PLAY... in this import game.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
save....and then save up some more, dont jump into something cuz u cant wait or wanna take the fast easy way out, u will regret it. go for quality :thumbs up

g3teg97

Super Moderator
No. I've heard so many horror stories. Definitly, check out what SilverDB8 said.

twlplague

ya i know that you get what you pay for most of the time but that doesnt nesasarily mean the more $$$ it is the better it will be....im not gonna spend $900 on just springs and struts..
plus i figured dropzones were name brands and that they have some creditablity
I've heard from a few ppl that have had no problems with em

4door_JayDM

Jay-Dee
do some research bro before you go jumping into buying anything...i'm saving to get either tanabe nf210 springs or some tein's not sure yet but when i have enough saved i'll figure it out...i'm trying to figure out what's a good strut to go with them springs right now....but yea i heard some bad shit about them drop zones too

TOTAL_JDM

Well, i got dropzones once and i regret that i did, i rather go with TEIN, or SKUNK2! skunk coil overs work great, i have skunk2 on my car right now and it gives great handling and great quality coil overs! and im planning on getting tokico shocks later...

twlplague

ya im prolly gonna end up with Skunks...springs, not coil overs....ive heard alot of good stuff bout em

g3teg97

Super Moderator
My mechanic had the Skunk2 on his. He switched the suspension to Koni and something else. He just wished he has the Skunk2s back.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
man you're one lazy motherfucker... here'a link for the TOKICO STRUT AND SPRING COMBO. instead of paying 285, add another $65 for some better quality shit. DO SOME RESEARCH... learn about struts and coilovers... understand sleeved and non sleeved coilivers. but either way if you don't get the combo... buying struts... and springs/sleeved coilovers will run you about $500 if you buy them seperately... springs = $250 more or less.... struts = $250 more or less...

TOKICO SHOCKS & SPRINGS - $335 + $15 SHIPPING - i didn't buy from this seller but he looks c0o.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-HP-SHOCKS-Struts-SPRINGS-Integra-90-93_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQitemZ8066381186QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

so.. first off dropzone is out of the question, the tokico combo is affordable and its ride quality is aight... if you want your car to be lowered without any worries about being bouncy or blowing shocks because they have a LIFETIME WARRANTY, or you can buy springs and struts seperately and figure out a stiff combo, OR you have save up another $200-300 and pick up the OMNI FULL COILOVER setup, and i believe they usually have pakcage deals with camber kits and LCA's. i say OMNI cause they are more affordable than TEIN and they have lots of good feedback on them.

Omni Power Drag Coilover Package - $749.99
http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=2&P_ID=800&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=424

Omni Power Complete Suspension Overhaul - Package Deal! - $949.99 + Shipping
http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=1&P_ID=1052&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=424

and obviously if you have the $$$$$ you go with TEIN but we all know those suckers go for 1k+, or if you're a ebay shopper, sometimes they have "JDM" coilovers from brands over in japan.

Personally i like Eibach Springs because they are very stiff and very smooth, and used with an aftermarket strut, it makes things even better. I've also heard skunk2 sleeved coilovers or Ground Control coilovers works VERY WELL with koni yellows, but the price you pay for those you can get the OMNI coilovers... i'm not saying you should get those tokico combo, but i rather get that than the dropzone... so yea... there's lots of good stuff out there... read up.. check your budget... and see what fits you the best... good luck :thumbs up

Last edited: