What should my next mod be....

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
JDMmikE said:
Well I was just referring to Hondas. I like the sound of the vtec screaming, any other car I could care less turbo or not. I do prefer turbo but just not on Hondas.

EDIT: Nobody ever answered my question about the CEL. Would it hurt the car or performance in anyway other than being annoying? If I install a test pipe do I keep the O2 in or leave it hanging or just completely remove it and plug the bung??
I Think the test pipe would be over kill for what little mods you have!

obd1's boss

t thought you a completely stock gsr but you tein basics and an intake. how about you tell people every mod that you have done to the car before you ask for imput on what you next mod should be. personally headers are useless without a cat back. Open your exhaust just to choke it again that makes a lot of damn sense.

JDMmikE

obd1's boss said:
t thought you a completely stock gsr but you tein basics and an intake. how about you tell people every mod that you have done to the car before you ask for imput on what you next mod should be. personally headers are useless without a cat back. Open your exhaust just to choke it again that makes a lot of damn sense.
That’s it, The Injen CAI and the tein basics... I only had the car about a month…

Edit: my question was what would be better to get first the headers or the exhaust well now I know now that’s left to answer is about the o2 sensor...

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
if you run no cat (i.e. race header or test pipe) it will trigger your check engine light. get a regular header and high flow cat if you want to aviod that. high flow cats don't hurt power very much. maybe 1or 2ft-lb of torque. not really worth the probs of running cat-less. especially if you're in a state that uses cali emissions standards

JDMmikE

If there both equal in loudness and performance then I should go for what one I like right?? I kind of like the angled look of the Apexi... IMO

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
pretty much. they are both very loud though. they are fairly equal. do want the loudest you can find?

JDMmikE

dc2GS-R said:
pretty much. they are both very loud though. they are fairly equal. do want the loudest you can find?
No not really I want loud but not to where it sounds like crap... I had the n1 on my civic and I loved it! I just recently considered tanabe...

Winki

Undercover mod
TegSox said:
He said he only wants to do I/H/C/E and a V-AFC. Getting an aftermarket IM for a car with only bolt-on's is a bad move, anyway.
It's just another useful bolt on. it's not a bad move considering how much better an aftermarket one would flow compaired to the stock GSR. can't really think why it could be a ad move??? better flow.
i mean if it was a b16 or C5 head i wouldn't do it no real need the mani's flow good but the gsr????

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It's too much flow for a stock valvetrain to do anything with. It will kill his flow velocity and gut his low/midrange torque in exchange for small HP gains way up high in the rpm range, he'll be slower overall. The GSR IM flows just fine for a bolt on's B18C1. It flows enough to support over 200whp, it's when you get advanced far enough in your NA build (with upgraded cams and compression) that you want to localize exactly where in the rpm range your powerband is located and increase flow in that area, to have peak volumetric efficiency occur. That's when you shop around for the right size IM, to complement that powerband.
I don't consider an IM a "bolt on" mod, there's alot more to installing an IM than just bolting it on like an exhaust, header or intake. An IM is a more advanced mod than most people give it credit for, I think many people get one just because it's relativley inexpensive, it looks good, and they believe the advertiser's BS HP claims.