What should my next mod be?

PogKai

B20VTEC
TegSox said:
I cannot believe the amount of bad advice I'm reading in this thread.

-DO NOT get a fuel rail
-DO NOT get an IM
-DO NOT get a 70mm TB
-DO NOT get an ignition upgrade

Only highly boosted engines need to upgrade their fuel rail and their ignition system.
Only advanced NA setups need a larger IM and TB. The stock GSR IM flow well enough to support over 200whp.
You are still very early in the modifications game, and people are recommending things you won't need until much further down the road, if you will ever need them at all.
If your staying NA, you will NEVER need an aftermarket fuel rail or an ignition upgrade, and you won't ever need a 70mm TB either unless you get very big cams, build to high compression, and want a very high powerband with a raised redline. That's a REALLY big TB, and bigger isn't better in this area.
Your not going to want an aftermarket IM and TB until after you have cams AND high compression pistons. It will make you slower if you get them before then.
But I'm glad to see your making a good choice in getting a header and high flow cat next. That's exactly what I would do next, complete the I/H/C/E system. If your Tsudo N1 exhaust has a bottlneck at the beginning of it, you'll want to cut it off when you have you new Cat installed. I'm assuming by your choice of going with a 4-1 style header, your going for a high powerband. Therefore, I recommend that...
-If your going to do cams in the future, get a header with a 2.5 inch collector.
-If not, get a header with a 2.25 inch collector.
I couldn't say it better.. good job.

ltrain

i agree alot of these idiots dont know what they talkin about ...... fuel rail does nothing but look good unless u have bigger injectors (needed for big turbo set up and pulleys are the worst thing u can get....... go get 421 headers, hi flow cat, and cam gears

ltrain

ps the vtec controller for u right now is pointless considering u hit it at 4.75 thats pretty good get it if u have an EXTREME set up turbo etc. if u get it now and fu*k with the vtec engagement poiint your gonna do worse

1329itr00

Type R
thats why i said after all that stuff w/e my bad i worded the wrong way i guess

htwnzbad1

TegSox said:
I cannot believe the amount of bad advice I'm reading in this thread.

-DO NOT get a fuel rail
-DO NOT get an IM
-DO NOT get a 70mm TB
-DO NOT get an ignition upgrade

Only highly boosted engines need to upgrade their fuel rail and their ignition system.
Only advanced NA setups need a larger IM and TB. The stock GSR IM flow well enough to support over 200whp.
You are still very early in the modifications game, and people are recommending things you won't need until much further down the road, if you will ever need them at all.
If your staying NA, you will NEVER need an aftermarket fuel rail or an ignition upgrade, and you won't ever need a 70mm TB either unless you get very big cams, build to high compression, and want a very high powerband with a raised redline. That's a REALLY big TB, and bigger isn't better in this area.
Your not going to want an aftermarket IM and TB until after you have cams AND high compression pistons. It will make you slower if you get them before then.
But I'm glad to see your making a good choice in getting a header and high flow cat next. That's exactly what I would do next, complete the I/H/C/E system. If your Tsudo N1 exhaust has a bottlneck at the beginning of it, you'll want to cut it off when you have you new Cat installed. I'm assuming by your choice of going with a 4-1 style header, your going for a high powerband. Therefore, I recommend that...
-If your going to do cams in the future, get a header with a 2.5 inch collector.
-If not, get a header with a 2.25 inch collector.
Ya thats what I was thinking about doing....thanks for all the help guys...hey Tegsox it looks like you have more knowledge about our cars then we do....you should make a thread...about the powerband....what should your 1st mods to be....on a Integ. Unstead of every one posting up all the wrong info. And noobs like me keep asking what my next mod should be or what should be my 1st mod. So I think you and a couple of other guys on this forum should get together and just make one thread about all the info. And make it a Sticky. So that way every noob that joins could read it...and not that many people would be starting threads.

Just my 2cents.

Thanks again guys. :)