What should my next mod be?

htwnzbad1

So far I have:
AEM Short Ram Intake
Tsudo N1 Exhaust.

What do yall suggest...I should get as my next mod?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yeah, get headers, good idea, you can have one ride shotgun.
Pulleys are a waste.
Lego Builders 'R Us.

Do you have a plan for your car?
How far are you going to go with your mods?
Are you going NA or FI?

Autotech510

next mod should be...

i thiink the next mod you get depend on your finacial limits. also what do you want to mod? acessories, body, engine, all have their own place for improved feel and look. i say if your busy and you dont have much time to work on a big project thats time consuming or money depleating. but with what is most convient and self explainitory installed. such as a short throw shifter, or some ignition coil upgrade, engine dress, interior designs seat belt straps, exhaust system, header, and so on.

big projects is something you want to take your time to researh and learn about in order to know what fits your cars compatibly

htwnzbad1

as of right now my...i want to go NA all the way.
I dont care about my exterior right now.
All I care is the engine.

My goal is to beat the typeS or the new V6 Accords.

Im thinking about getting a Skunk2 shortshifter next.
And then later on DC Sport 4:1 header.
Magnaflow by Carsound: High Flow Cat.
Excedy Stage 1 Clutch and Flywheel.

Thats the order that I decide to go in.

Any suggestions?

1329itr00

Type R
after this stuff..."Im thinking about getting a Skunk2 shortshifter next.
Excedy Stage 1 Clutch and Flywheel."

i would go with a vafc, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, ctr intake cam, single stage intake mani, and single stage ecu then you should have no problems at all with the type s and the accords

htwnzbad1

1122itr01 said:
after this stuff..."Im thinking about getting a Skunk2 shortshifter next.
Excedy Stage 1 Clutch and Flywheel."

i would go with a vafc, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, ctr intake cam, single stage intake mani, and single stage ecu then you should have no problems at all with the type s and the accords
how much will all of this cost me?

1329itr00

Type R
vafc$150, fuel rail$100, fuel pressure regulator$100, ctr intake cam$300, single stage intake mani$300, and single stage ecu????

JOEY

htwnzbad1 said:

Any suggestions?
with the little mods you have, you should be able to beat these cars already. a short throw shifter is a waste of cash. get an intake manifold or a header next. youre not gonna need a VAFC anytime soon unless you change your cams and or compression. when I was all motor I had an AEM cold air and I was beating type s' by a car length at least.. so either get a manifod, a header or a clutch next. ACT street strip is the shit!!

PogKai

B20VTEC
htwnzbad1 said:

Any suggestions?
Good luck beating those new V6

1329itr00

Type R
i beat a type s when i had my gsr with a intake and exhaust... the new accord though i think run's like a mid 14 1/4 mile though... what header are you gonna go with

htwnzbad1

1122itr01 said:
i beat a type s when i had my gsr with a intake and exhaust... the new accord though i think run's like a mid 14 1/4 mile though... what header are you gonna go with
Well when I raced the typeS it was from a roll and he already at a headstart. But I dont know how I would do againt it from a stop. I raced the new V6 accords Twice. I had the headstart and it caught up to me and passed me up. I raced another V6 Accord from a stop and he beat me buy 2 carlengths.

For now I think I might just go with 4:1 header and a Highflow cat.
And see how I do against it.

After that thinking about getting a Skunk2 Intake manifold with a 70mm throttlebody.

I got many choices but dont know which one to go with first?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I cannot believe the amount of bad advice I'm reading in this thread.

-DO NOT get a fuel rail
-DO NOT get an IM
-DO NOT get a 70mm TB
-DO NOT get an ignition upgrade

Only highly boosted engines need to upgrade their fuel rail and their ignition system.
Only advanced NA setups need a larger IM and TB. The stock GSR IM flow well enough to support over 200whp.
You are still very early in the modifications game, and people are recommending things you won't need until much further down the road, if you will ever need them at all.
If your staying NA, you will NEVER need an aftermarket fuel rail or an ignition upgrade, and you won't ever need a 70mm TB either unless you get very big cams, build to high compression, and want a very high powerband with a raised redline. That's a REALLY big TB, and bigger isn't better in this area.
Your not going to want an aftermarket IM and TB until after you have cams AND high compression pistons. It will make you slower if you get them before then.
But I'm glad to see your making a good choice in getting a header and high flow cat next. That's exactly what I would do next, complete the I/H/C/E system. If your Tsudo N1 exhaust has a bottlneck at the beginning of it, you'll want to cut it off when you have you new Cat installed. I'm assuming by your choice of going with a 4-1 style header, your going for a high powerband. Therefore, I recommend that...
-If your going to do cams in the future, get a header with a 2.5 inch collector.
-If not, get a header with a 2.25 inch collector.