What RPM launch @ 1/4 mile?

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
2.4-2.6 is not a good 60ft, get those down to 2.0-2.2 on street tires and you'll pick up time on the big end of the track. Think about it if you hit a 2.0, thats .6 off your 1/4 mile time instantly. You don't want a whole lot of wheel spin, you want it to hook and go
Yeah thats true! But do you get what im saying when i say "shouldnt you want wheel spin up to about 4k rpms so that when it grips its getting most of the power?" Cause the car doesnt really go fast at low rpms...
Need to figure out if/how imma launch my car if I go with you wednesday Shawn :p
Come dude!!! Itll be sick!
Testing is the only way to figure out what is going to work for your car. Play around with different rpm's and tire pressures, find the sweet spot and stick with that.
Yeah ill definately try the tire pressure thing too. What pressure is safe to not go below on street tires? I have kuhmo ecsta asx's.

Alvi84

I launch at 4500 rpm's but think I need to back down just a hair to get a better launch.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
I launch at 4500 rpm's but think I need to back down just a hair to get a better launch.
Yeah im thinking 3800 to 4k is good next time i go!
Next Wednesday I'm going, but we can go a few places that I know, that aren't high traffic areas
Well this blows dude, found oil around the spark plugs in cylinders 1 and 3. Looks like ill need new piston rings. So im not going this wednesday... Maybe next wednesday with you if i can fix it that fast...

Jabes

are you sure its not just the spark plug seals? did you do a compression test on the engine?

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Yeah i guess it could just be the seals but theyre fairly new. 8k to 12k miles i want to say, cant remember :p. But we're going to do that eventually to check! Thats what my friend said to do so im glad iit sounds like he knows what hes doing!