What motor can I swap

grimslight

ok so i really dont know much about cars and im trying to findout which engine will fit into my car which is a 92 gsr if anyone could tell me what motors will fit that would be awsome and maybe a few links where i could find the motor. Thanks in advanced

ok so i really dont know much about cars and im trying to findout which engine will fit into my car which is a 92 gsr if anyone could tell me what motors will fit that would be awsome and maybe a few links where i could find the motor. Thanks in advanced
You have a lot of options. I think the most popular 3 would be the following.

B series: will bolt right up.
K series: will fit but you'll need some specialty items for the swap.
H series: can also fit with a kit for the swap.

grimslight

which one is the best for a turbo set up? and how much and how hard is it to instal the kits and what not

Any of them can be great for boost if built properly. You just have to decide what direction you want to go with it

grimslight

here is another question if i do a motor swap do i need to or should i swap out the tranny as well. also i was reading where if you put in anything but a b series you can get into trouble with the cops if they ask you to pop your hood

Last edited:

hondaproof

hondaproof
your better off to stick with a b series,as far as the cost and the ease of swapping them.and you trans is fine for any b.personally,i would pull your b17 and rebuild it.wether you do go turbo or not.but,i would also keep it off of the boost.but if you are already decided on swapping for a boost application,i would option a b16 for boost.ive never owned a b16 or boosted a b16.i know alot of dudes who have and they were very pleased with it.ive only owned b18's and a k20.

grimslight

i plan of rebuilding the b17 later on but as of right now im going to do a motor swap and work off that. The b17 needs to be rebuilt as it is because of the prevous owner was a dumbass but the b17 is going to take me forever to rebuild its going to be my learning motor so i can try and teach myself more about it. so the main reason im putting a new motor in it is so i can atleast drive it everyday and still how the power to play if i want to

hondahead_dave

stick with swapping a b-series, it depends on where you live if the cops mess with you about the motor. I put a jdm gsr in my gsr, and I have the b17 that I want to build and put back in one day soon.

grimslight

anyone know of any cheaper website where i can get the b18c? is the a good motor to do a motor swap into also

xusake

sell your b17 and get a b18c and do some conversion for the hydro clutch, and get a nice turbo then you'll be good or else go all motor high compression. it all depend on how much money you got to spend. but im diggin your DB