What kinda oil you guys using?

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
well for me its all about honda yeah it be cheaper sometimes to get aftermarket stuff but when it comes to oil and internals i go with homda oem products i use only honda filters(i have 2 cases in my garage) i also used the honda syntetic the same one they put on the s2000 thats the oil i use. i dont really like anyother oils touching my car but i have to say as far as motor oil i love redline to me its better than royal purple way betterand the syntetic that honda puts on the s2000 is just like royal purple the only difference i notice'd was the price

PogKai

B20VTEC
Castrol GTX non syth 5w30 with fram filter.. cause the engine is new, has like 4,000 miles. Later I'll put Mobil 1 synth with Honda OEM filter.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Wow sorry to bring this back from the Dead but I didn't wanna start another thread about it.

Can a B18B use any of the Engine Oil or Tranny Oil Motul has?

I'm planning to Drain all the oil and coolant from my old B18B when I swap it into another car and I want to use Motul Oil specifically.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Wow sorry to bring this back from the Dead but I didn't wanna start another thread about it.

Can a B18B use any of the Engine Oil or Tranny Oil Motul has?

I'm planning to Drain all the oil and coolant from my old B18B when I swap it into another car and I want to use Motul Oil specifically.
Nevermind I found what I need for the Tranny Oil. but what can I use from their products for Engine Oil?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Kev_98IntegraLS said:
but what can I use from their products for Engine Oil?
What do you mean? You could just get their 5w30 full synthetic engine oil......although at like $15/ liter, I will just stick with Mobil1 full synthetic. My GSX uses around 6.5-7 quarts..that would break the bank :lol:

Last edited:

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
What do you mean? You could just get their 5w30 full synthetic engine oil......although at like $15/ liter, I will just stick with Mobil1 full synthetic. My GSX uses around 6.5-7 quarts..that would break the bank :lol:
Wow sorry, that was a stupid question.

So anything that's 5W-30 full synthetic would work?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yeah. But Motul Engine oil is helluv expensive. I just stick with the Mobil1 full synthetic I've used it in every car I've ever owned......except the rx7 of course