Water pump?

johnownsall2

Oh i didnt realize there were hoses back behind the engine. And unbolt header from exhaust? so i have to go under the car or can i just un bolt it from the block itself?

johnownsall2

The timing belt is the black belt when you take the valve cover off right? And the head can i just unbolt it from the block itself or do i have to go under the car and take it off?

johnownsall2

Well i was making some more progress and right now im stuck on getting the radiator out i almost got it out but then i couldnt remove the bottom hose and the top hose was also pouring out antifreeze So how do you drain the coolant i tryed dumping it into a bucket but couldnt get a bucket in there its a tight spot. The radiator is really beat up tho ill have to take some pictures of that when i get that out and what is some ways to get that damn bottom hose out i took the clamp off and its still stuck. Ok and im also stumped on where the head bolts are located you said you have to take the cams to get to them and so i figured it would be these.

And this is the timing belt correct because i couldnt find the tensioner bolt.

Sorry about the sizes i cant get it right haha.

johnownsall2

Ok thanks and another question my dad told me since i took off the dist. i cant just put it right back in it has to be aligned and stuff? Well i didnt crank the engine with it out so everything should be still timed correctly? or is he just talkin out of his ass?

tilegend

if you move the distributor back and fourth it will change timing. use a timing gun to properly set base timing once you get everything back together.

NcSi

I was gonna say patrick was kinda being a dick at the start of this. but after ready more into he's a good guy. Also if you dont know wtf your doing please take it somewhere that does or have someone with you that does. What happened with this neways?