Venom 400 group buy

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
dc2GS-R said:
yep. but in reality, you are trying to get the backpressure as low as possible without losing velocity. not try to maintain backpressure. seen it before. a 3" diameter dump pipe connected as the second piece on a 2 piece header on a '00 Si makes 13whp over a full aftermarket exhaust.
What is a dump pipe, was this civic stock, modified motor versus stock= big diference, higher compression = faster exhaust speeds= bigger diameter exhaust

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
IntegrasAreBest said:
so what is the general exhuast sizing for an mild bolt on build for a b18b?
its depends rule of thumb is to go by HP i thik like 2.25 up to like 180 WHP and 2.5 is up to like 225 WHP or something like that

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
the Si had I/H/E. it was a 2 piece header so he took the exhaust and lower piece of the header off. it was a tri-y header. the header went from 4 to 2 and merged into one 3"pipe that is about 2ft long and dumps it down

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
dc2GS-R said:
it had I/H/E. it was a 2 piece header so he took the exhaust and lower piece of the header off. it was a tri-y header. the header went from 4 to 2 and merged into one 3"pipe that is about 2ft long and dumps it down
Ahh ok yeah, EDELBROCK makes that header is like 900 bucks, far from street legal, is making power because is soo short it doent have too push that much out= hp :twisted:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I'm done! :lol:

its in 2 threads too :lol: