update

89teggie

89teggie
alright, my original injectors were i believe 220 cc and i managed to get my hands on some 440cc injectors out of my buddy's prelude he wrecked. my head, and intake and throttle body had been ported and polished, do u think the 440 would be enough fuel?

89teggie

89teggie
so if i got this turbo set up from you, i would need to bolt up the manifold, turbo, run my oil lines, exhaust and intake, and a small intercooler, and be able to run the 440cc injectors. would i have to take it anywhere to be tuned?

graveyardhippie

ALWAYS tune boost. i've seen too many motors blown up by thinking, "it'll be fine" and mine is greddy with the downpipe. it may plug str8 into ur exhaust.

89teggie

89teggie
if i go the boost route i'll probably use the guy who tuned my buddy's 240. he's running 17 lbs. he went from a prelude with a NA jdm h23 to a skyline motor with that much boost, crazy.

89teggie

89teggie
finally got all of my parts in over the weekend, i'm bolting my head to my block tonight, installing my timing belt and new tensioner, and new timing gears. i've got all my clutch kit installed except for my new throw out bearing, which i've yet to find out how it comes out. i cannot find anything at all in my chilton manual and no luck online yet. if i can just get this little bastard swapped, then i should have my new motor in by this weekend.

89teggie

89teggie
well i didnt get my motor in this past weekend, i took a spur of the moment trip to atlanta. i got my throw out bearing installed. about half an hour ago, i just had a nightmare come true. i was bolting the camshaft retainers down, and torquing them to spec, which is 9 ft/lbs. on the exhaust side, one of them little fuckers snapped. i'm going to get a carbide tap from work tomorrow, and remove my camshafts, and drill out the bolt, then tap it to get the threads of the bolt out. i'm hoping i can get it out like that, if not i'll have to take the head off of the block, and take it to work and get it out. i'm so pissed off it aint even funny, so close, and one damned bolt breaks. i believe its a M6x1.0 bolt, and i'm going to go ahead and replace every one of them bastards with new ones, which i should've done before, idk why i didnt, but i'm just hoping i can get it fixed without too much aggravation.

mirrorimg

You can try to use a stripped bolt remover. The two times I have had those bolts snap I was lucky enough that they hadnt really grabbed, and was able to loosen them without any drilling into the threads.

89teggie

89teggie
well i just got some ease outs and some taps from work. if there is enough bolt left to grip on i'm going to try and get it out with some vicegrips, if not, i'm going to drill a small hole and attempt to get it out with an ease out. it that fails, i'll have to drill it out to size of the tap, then run the tap in it. hopefully it wont be too much trouble. there are some great benifits of being a machinist, lol.

power-by-beans

Whats up guys first time here been checking around this site and 89teggie you where asking about the motor mounts and i had the same problem whit them been weak and what I did was I got liquid urathane is a 2 part system and it works really good there is different on rating hardness and I have seen where other guys have use the cocking for front window on cars and just fill them whit that stuff but using the urathane is just like getting hastport mounts quality but whit out the nice looks if interested on this I can give you more info on this.

89teggie

89teggie
i haven't gotten that bolt out yet, it's broke off about and inch and a half down inside of the hole, so i've got a couple tricks i'm gonna try this week. i just now gotten home, i been at the beach for almost 2 weeks for spring break. i didnt make my goal of having my motor in by spring break, but i've come a long way with it. all that is holding me back is that damned little broke off bolt and time in general. i'm hoping to have it up and running soon. as far as the engine mounts, i'll probably end up dealing with them, and swapping them out later, i just need to get the car back running to drive back to work instead of my gas hawg of a truck. thanks for the support guys,

89teggie

89teggie
well i got the broken bolt out. i had to take my cylinder head off and take it to work to get it out. it was a bitch, but its out. i bolted my head back to the block today, and right when i started putting my cams back in, i'll be damned if another bolt didnt break off. i manages to get this one out pretty easy since it wasnt torqued down. i got my cams bolted in, new timing belt tensioner put on, and all i like now is putting my timing belt on, mating up my tranny, then just sitting the motor in and hooking everything up. i'm hoping to have the motor sit in this weekend. i'm gonna post up some pics soon as i get it in.

89teggie

89teggie
i had time this evening after work to get my timing belt on. i gotta get the inspection plate off of my old block and put on tomorrow. i'm hoping to have my motor in this weekend if i dont have any more setbacks. i got my fingers crossed.

89teggie

89teggie
I GOT MY NEW MOTOR IN!!!!!!!!! FINALLY, haha. i got my motor in today, and all i like being able to crank her up is hooking up my battery, hooking up my shift linkage, and putting my exhaust manifold on, along with putting a couple clamps on some hoses, and then its the moment of truth. i'm so excited, this is my first engine swap, so i'm nervous as hell. i hope this baby cranks up. i'll know first thing tomorrow afternoon. wish me luck.