Temp gauge is at 3/4 high - hot???

RedIntegra89

Just posting back a question: Does a little leak on the radiator can cause overheating? I meant will the gauge rise higher than the normal reading. Just like what I'm experiencing over the half mark or 3/4 mark?

I suspect that I have a radiator leak at the bottom of the radiator, front of the driver side. I'm going to put paper towel and see if that absorb the leaking coolant.

BTW, where can I get a new replacement radiator for cheap? If that happens to be the problem.

Thanks in advance! :)

enoch723

A lot of times older black tops will run a little hot till you get everything squared up. I drove mine around for over a year with it being like that. Actually the only thing I did to "fix" it was I started using dexcool instead of regular radiator fluid. Lol

RedIntegra89

Okay after driving the car around today. I checked the paper towel that I put underneath the radiator and it's soaking wet. It proves that I have a radiator leaks. Searching for cheap place to get a radiator now...

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Okay after driving the car around today. I checked the paper towel that I put underneath the radiator and it's soaking wet. It proves that I have a radiator leaks. Searching for cheap place to get a radiator now...
Rockauto

this post was made in china using Taptalk2

RedIntegra89

Just an update and few more questions...

I received the radiator and cooling fan switch yesterday. I immediately try to install and took advantage of the summer daylight time here in Cali. It took me about 2 hrs and by the time I finished it is about 9PM and getting dark. I let the car running while I'm filling up the radiator with fluids and bleeding the system. For about 30 minutes the car ran and the temp gauge is at about 1/4 and looks stable to that. The heater by then is blowing hot air.
Now my questions are; with the new cooling fan switch, how long does it takes before the fan kicks on? Is there a positive and negative terminal on that switch? Is't possible that I put the connector in the wrong way?

Thanks in advance.

cvcrcr99

Should take a awhile for the fans to turn on. Upper/lower radiator hoses getting hot? The connector is set-up to only plug in one way, so you should not be able to plug it in backwards.

RedIntegra89

cvcrcr, thanks for your quick reply. But the fan switch connector I have is a split connector that plugs to the male side of the switch.