Tein Flex or Ground Controls? HELP!!!

typerj

yessssur
im having trouble choosing which coilover kit to buy for my 00 ITR n was wondering if you guys could help me out. ive heard that the flexs ride a little stiff n the ground controls work better with different springs. which coilover kit would you buy?

proudtobeawesom

i have tein s-tech spring on my integra with type r shocks and the ride is really nice. so if there anything like those there nice. is flex a full coilover?
i cant really say anything about the other one cause ive never ridden/drove anything with them sorry

~kevin

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Tein Flex is way better than a ground control setup. Ground Control is just an adjustable sleeve. The Flex has seperate adjustments for ride height and spring preload. This not only allows you to fine tune your settings even more to your liking with preload, it also enables you to lower your car without sacrificing strut travel. Plus they also come with adjustable upper mounts. The Flex damper also has a higher range of adjustment than a Koni Yellow or Tokico Illumina that people typically use with the G/C setup

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Tein Flex is way better than a ground control setup. Ground Control is just an adjustable sleeve. The Flex has seperate adjustments for ride height and spring preload. This not only allows you to fine tune your settings even more to your liking with preload, it also enables you to lower your car without sacrificing strut travel. Plus they also come with adjustable upper mounts. The Flex damper also has a higher range of adjustment than a Koni Yellow or Tokico Illumina that people typically use with the G/C setup
thats well put, the tein flex ive ridden on are amazing. Not too stiff for dd and just amazing. And the best part is you dont sacrifice any shock travel because its a full coilover

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
if you get the EFDC with the tein suspension then do that...i personally would rather go with a GC sleeves and koni shocks...i dont really care for tein

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
if you get the EFDC with the tein suspension then do that...i personally would rather go with a GC sleeves and koni shocks...i dont really care for tein
EDFC is for lazy people. It takes me about a minute to adjust all four corners.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Why would you rather have such an obviously inferior setup? A true adjustable coilover is way better than having a spring on a threaded perch with a partially adjustable strut. GC/Koni doesn't even compare to the Flex

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Why would you rather have such an obviously inferior setup? A true adjustable coilover is way better than having a spring on a threaded perch with a partially adjustable strut. GC/Koni doesn't even compare to the Flex
True. This is why I upgraded from GC to TEIN. Now I left TEIN to Skunk2. Lol!

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
the new skunk2 pro c design looks interesting. haven't heard too many reviews on it but it looks like the good ish from the specs on their site, and its not too expensive either. matt will be the guinea pig :thumbup:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
the new skunk2 pro c design looks interesting. haven't heard too many reviews on it but it looks like the good ish from the specs on their site, and its not too expensive either. matt will be the guinea pig :thumbup:
Yup. We'll see how they will perform at SOW.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
TEIN Flex > Ground-Control coilover sleeves
x234634563345

If you adjust the damping to a soft setting for the street, it feels almost as comfy as stock. But these thing can hold their own too. My friend just got them on his GS-R a month ago and they are really nice. Almost made me wanna get rid of my Tanabes.