Tachometer Wiring System.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
All I want to know is how does a Tachometer work? on the integra. I know there are wires going from Cluster to the distributor but where does it go or do from there?

I had a talk with previous owner again and he said he d/c something because of this tach and I want to see what he talking about but he freaking left country... stupid ass coke fiend.,

xusake

To hook up your tachometer, is to connect your green signal wire into your dizzy.

Tachometer Signal Wire Installation
for 1.8L engine(s)
Blue wire at distributor assembly 2ppr

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
the wire u connect to the distibutor is the black wire with the blue stripe down it thats the negative feed for the coil thats how u pick up a tach signal

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Where does it go though? where is it getting that feed from? because the guy said it worked before and he had to d/c it because something was happening with it hooked up... I can't seem to figure this out lmao

xusake

Just rewire the tachometer up, but if he said it was giving him a problem. If I was you I wouldn't bother doing it, because it might also give you a problem too. Just order yourself a nice XSi or GSR cluster and replace yours with it.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Er.. thats not what I mean... Hm I don't know how to word this. When I got the car he told me he had to disconnect some wire before the distributor because of the tach.. What is that wire

xusake

im pretty sure he got it from a google search? haha, but right click it and get the url link and just open it in a different internet window to view it bigger.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Okay heres a good question, If my tach isn't working right now because of an igniter why is the cars till running? Doesn't the car need the igniter. If not then maybe the idiot unplugged this igniter where do I look

xusake

Your tach as in your cluster? or just your tachometer? because your tachometer need a signal connection. So if it doesn't that mean your signal wire isn't hook up to your dizzy.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Meh... Well as far as I know its the blue wire and I took at volt meter and it only gets negative signal.

xusake

which blue wire is that? the one from the dizzy or the one from the tach? because the green wire from the tach goes to that blue wire from the dizzy.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Man I am having so much trouble getting my point across... Heres what I got:
BLUE WIRE goes to wire harness on drivers side strut tower which goes to the tach in the car
GREEN WIRE goes from distrubuter to what?

Hang on I am going to take some pictures