solve these 3 problems

khmer123

ok how come only the driver side of my car rattles (vibrates)?? and how come when i turn off my car i here constat clicks from my engine like..click...click...click??? and how come when i am warming up my car my rpm goes up and down up and down but when it starts to warm the problems disapears??? u win a million dollars if u can solve this!!!! lol jk ( i had a COMPLETE tune up last week)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The click, click, clicking is most likely your catalytic converter. That sucker gets extremely hot, and when you take away the heat source (the exhaust) that has caused it to get so hot (hot things expand) it then begins to cool down and contract. It's normal.

I accept PayPal, PM me :)

khmer123

TegSox said:
The click, click, clicking is most likely your catalytic converter. That sucker gets extremely hot, and when you take away the heat source (the exhaust) that has caused it to get so hot (hot things expand) it then begins to cool down and contract. It's normal.

I accept PayPal, PM me :)
haha nope... u only solved one...u didnt solve the other 2 haha so theres still a chance for another genius to win!!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I can settle for $333,333.33, no big deal.

What area of the driver side is the rattle coming from? "The driver's side" isn't very specific.

The rpm's thing is unusual, considering it just got a "complete tuneup". Do you have an aftermarket IM or TB? If those types of things aern't installed correctly they can easily cause a wacky idle.
What mods do you have done, if any?

What kind of Integra do you have, btw. It says Integra under your screenname, but that part we already know. What model? what year? just curious...

khmer123

Melt said:
i think its a 94 gsr with jdm front end if i remember right.
yup ur right.....and the only after market think i got is an exhaust...but this idle problem never happend before untill after the tune up...and driver side meaning the the driver side mirror and steering wheel..yup but im mostly worried about the idling part....and it revs up and down sumtimes when i stay on neutral for like a few mins

GSROWNSU

khmer123 said:
and how come when i am warming up my car my rpm goes up and down up and down but when it starts to warm the problems disapears???
that rpm change is from your car warming up i think it's normal my winter beater accord does it and my friends gen2 integra does it too.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It's not normal on a stock car for the idle to wander alot when it's cold, warm, or anytime. It's normal for the idle to be high, but it'll go up to a point, usually between 1500-1800 rpm, stay there, then gradually decrease as the engine gets warm. It shouldn't go up and down repeatedly, not more than 100 rpm's, anyway. It's the part where the idle's goes back to normal when the car's warm that has me confused.

Since my engine rebuild (I/H/C/E, Spoon cams, pistons 12:1cr, tuned), my idle goes way up to around 2300 rpms when I start the car when its cold out, but it holds there, then gradually decreases, a little wandering, but nothing crazy/unusual. When it's warm, idle is normal.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Yeap mines did it this mornin a wopping 2100 rpm but havent had started it in a week an a half, its never done it before but it was very cold out, it took forever to warm up too thanks to my spoon thermostat

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
idle problem is tha Idle Air Control Valve

its the part that lets more air in when cold, and cuts off air when warmed up. coolant passes through the bottom side of it, and when the coolant warms up, the heat causes the little screw type thing to close up the holes that bypass the throttle valve.

i had the same problem. its a common problem on integras. i fixed mine by removing the part and spraying it out with some brake cleaner. it sits on the backside of the intake manifold. 2 12mm bolts if i remember correctly

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
shit man my teg idles at 2500 when i first start er up, then up down up down up down, then eventually it just goes bowwww, down to 1K

khmer123

integrayean said:
Since you got a tune up it is probably because of the spark plugs, did you gap the plugs?
Naw my bad this happend even before da tune up...thnx for da help tho guys...we should have a group hug one day