Skunk2 or B&M???

Skunk2 Shortshifter or B&M Shortshiter?????

• Total voters

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Any short throw shifter can mess up synchros. If you continue to slam the tranny into gear with a short shifter, you'll ruin the synchros. When you install one, you have to remember not to shift real fast, but at regular speed, because to the tranny, shifting normal with a short shifter IS shifting fast.
And if you ruin your synchros, they're so expensive to replace you might as well get a whole new tranny for a little more money than just the synchros cost. That's why I'll never have a short shifter, to me it's just not worth the risk of such expensive damage.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
after hearin this i probably wont put one in unless it has a chance of improving my 1/4 times which i doubt. My goal is low 15s. Friend of mine is running 15.0 with I/H/E on a 95 ls on rota slips but im heavier than he is plus my car is obd2

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
no i dont think so, those companies spent money in testing and would not put out products that will really fuck your synchros. dont get a really reduced throw get one thats like 20-34 percent reduced.

ltrain

it all depends on the driver i know alot of people that have a ss and have no tranny problems like i said it all depends on the driver

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
imma holler at my boy and see if he want to trade me whats on his 92 hatch cause he gave that shit to his girl and she still tryin to learn to drive stick and i think the short shifter aint helpin matters.

209SpoonDC2

My friend had a Skunk2 on his '01 Prelude. I didn't like it. It felt too notchy. I like the smooth feel of the stock shifter on my Type R. I do think short throws are a waste of money. You might get 1/10 th of a second faster with a short throw in the 1/4 mile with less accuracy/consistency than a stock shifter. IDK, I'm not into drag racing like most of the peeps on here. Most roadracers use stock shifters. No probs with mine.