Short Shift..........

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
I Just Got My B&m Short Throw Race Shifter Yesterday And Put It In This Thing Is Sick It Reduces Throw 54% And Lemme Tell Ya It Feels Really Good It Was Wierd Gettin Used To It At First 4th Gear Looks Like Neutral The Shifts Are So Close

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
ya its a crazy diff to me the shifts are wicked short 1st 3rd and fifth are closer and second and forth are like were my neutral used to be its one sick shifter

sOuL

so u recommend the B&M over skunk 2 dual bend and the DC shifters?

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
Hell ya the race model is sick i love it the throws are so short my friend has the skunk 2 in his r and it doesnt feel as good

MoJoJoJo

Banned
shit for real?! 51% !!! damn i would love that but i cant really use the B&M...their design is flawed for the dc5, my comptech is only 35% reduce throw...its ok...ur lucky bro

ltrain

MoJoJoJo said:
shit for real?! 51% !!! damn i would love that but i cant really use the B&M...their design is flawed for the dc5, my comptech is only 35% reduce throw...its ok...ur lucky bro
35 is good for street use 54 is nice but a lil overboard not 2 good 4 the synchros i imagine, but bnm is a good brand, thats there specility

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i thought stock was perfect too i loved it felt great but they guy where i get my parts from couldnt find my header so he said he would get me suttin else so thats when i got the intake motor mount inserts and the shifter and this thing kicks ass you can really tell the difference between the two and if you dont bang your gears the syncros will by fine b&m is the shit my boy was rockin one in his si for 3 yrs no problems

UNDERGROUNDAUTO

I have the skunk 2 in my 97 gsr & a dcsports in my 95 gsr, I love em both. the dc one does sit the knob down a little lower, but both shift excellent.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i've never tried either of those i was gonna go with neuspeed tho idk y i went with B&M but im very happy with it

siscoke

its been said that it messes up ur sunchro if ur trying to shit to fast due to the fact that you wont be able to push the clutch and make the synchro match as fast as you throw due to shortshifters ... i read that you can overcome this problem by some part to install on ur clutchpedal or in between somhere so that you can make them to match (speedwise). dunno if this is usefull info ... to you but id look into it

and btw i love the throw on my itr just fine its already very short :D

greetz sis