rattling problems

kdb18c1

I own a 1996 integra gsr. When i reach about 3000 rpm i start to hear a rattling noise that is kind of loud, but when i go above 3100 rpm it stops. Does anybody know what that could be from?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
It is the heat sheild. they're known for that rattle.

I don't know where, but I remember reading it on here somewhere a looonnng time ago

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
Idle i have to move the steering whell from side to side to stop the noise but its sonlt from a cold start or if i leave the car on with the steering wheel not centered. its wierd ive been meaning to check it to make sure my heatshields arent loose.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
that is weird. lol I could see from like a warm start where everything is all warmed up and loose, but not cold.

b16adx

Black ops beast
kdb18c1 said:
I own a 1996 integra gsr. When i reach about 3000 rpm i start to hear a rattling noise that is kind of loud, but when i go above 3100 rpm it stops. Does anybody know what that could be from?

i have the same problem on my 94 gsr that those it at the same rpm as u. my rattle was loud.i removed the heatshield thats around the catalytic converter.but the rattle was still there.but not as loud. i asked the people i work with [i work @ a dealership] and they said that its my catalytic converter thats bad. cuz of the stuff thats inside is breaking off and causing it to rattle. but i dont know if u have a coverter. but if u do this might be ur problem.hope this helps!

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i just changed the cat. to an ITR one and the shit was gone. its annoying and embarassing when there's a lot of people around.

Sirfallsalot243

JDM_Conversion said:
i just changed the cat. to an ITR one and the shit was gone. its annoying and embarassing when there's a lot of people around.
Truth. I was leaving my high school about 2 years ago, and I though i'd be hot shit and rev up my bone stock B18B. Heat sheild rattled, and I looked like a dumbass with a peice of shit car, lol. No more ricer moves for me. :lol:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Probably an exhaust rattle, or should I say THE exhaust rattle, it's a really common problem with 3rd Gen. Integras.

mteg

Automatic Lover
It's pretty common. Mine went awy for a while after I took the heatshiled but it still comes back espeacially with a test pipe.