radiator fluid smokin

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That sucks! Why did you let them replace parts if they couldn't even figure out what the problem was

Aik68j

Expirence = Mistakes Made
I have a question along the same line After I go out driving on the interstate 70-80mph range their is a smell of burnt coolant. No leaks on the ground or inside that I can see. Hoses were replaced at 100,000 I am like at 110,000 and some change now. A friend spilled some coolant when he was refilling it after the hoses were changed with the timing belt and water pump about 4 months ago. I had it at a shop the fluids are fine and nothing looks strange. Temp gauge stay steady in the middle.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
dc2GS-R said:
That sucks! Why did you let them replace parts if they couldn't even figure out what the problem was
this was before my brother moved up here, so it was harder for me to get anything fixed on my car. i had to take it to a shop. the first shop i brought it to was one of my dad's friend's shop. prior to that, we replaced the thermostat, radiator, checked the fans, and flushed the coolant sys.

one of the shops that we brought it to said that we probably had a faulty aftermarket thermostat, so they replaced that. then it was the radiator (i sold the one i got because the car was still overheating. we were just trying to eliminate what it could have been), hoses, water pump, and maybe something else that i can't remember right now. after a while, i just pulled my car back out of the shop because they really weren't doing anything to it. the only thing that held off the overheating for a while was the rad. cap off my sister's prelude.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
so the problem was overheating, trinh? i think that's a common issue. it's like the heat is on 3 even though the heat is off or on 1.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
JDM_Conversion said:
so the problem was overheating, trinh? i think that's a common issue. it's like the heat is on 3 even though the heat is off or on 1.
i don't understand what you're trying to say. i'm not sure why. are you talking about the actual heater? because i'm talking about the car's coolant.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
G3GirL said:
i don't understand what you're trying to say. i'm not sure why. are you talking about the actual heater? because i'm talking about the car's coolant.
sorry for the confusion. i thought you meant that the coolant system wasnt cooling the engine properly causing excessive heat to go throughout the cabin and whatnot.