Question about B20 block!!!!!

chicolindopr

ok my question is, is it worth gettin a b20 block to make a vtec conversion or should i stay wit my ls motor and get vtec head and do the conversion that way...i have a 95 ls.......someone plz explain whats da best way to make a vtec conversion......and also let me know what will give me da best horsepower and torque for its money.....also dis may seem dumb but its my 1st car so i was just wonder if the horsepower comes from the long block and the torque comes from the head???? if not how does dat work???? thanks alot :)

slikk

Money Getter
did you do a search before you posted?

i believe evil3 (Mr B20) has talked about the B20 VS oter motors before

i believe B20 is more of a torque motor
Ls/Vtec is more of a HP motor

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
damn evils car sounds nasty makes me really wanna get cams now and do a b20 build up lol omg i need to get outta school so i can start workin on my car again

gunnersmatevls

what about keeping my LS bottom and and getting a GSR head boring it out and going vtec that way?

INTR2001

chicolindopr said:
ok my question is, is it worth gettin a b20 block to make a vtec conversion or should i stay wit my ls motor and get vtec head and do the conversion that way...i have a 95 ls.......someone plz explain whats da best way to make a vtec conversion......and also let me know what will give me da best horsepower and torque for its money.....also dis may seem dumb but its my 1st car so i was just wonder if the horsepower comes from the long block and the torque comes from the head???? if not how does dat work???? thanks alot :)
B20 motor conversion can be long and sometimes difficult but they can be done! This setup is the best setup for honda's. This will give you a great output in Hpower at the same time your Torque will be screamin! This is a pricey project but if your desires are into making the car haul @$$, you definitly should do that. But if you want to just get the VTEC head, this isn't such a long gruesome process, all you need is get a new ECU, and drill a new oil hole to the head for the VTEC when it kicks in. I think that might be it but make sure you do somemore research man.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
b20 torque monster plus boost equals grins from ear to ear lol, really tho there both great choices only advantage to the ls motor is that its already in your car so less work and money involved

92greenteg

what about a b20vtec turbo, put in 8.5:1 compression ratio, get the block sleeved, and then a b18c vtec head with turbo cams and such? does anyone have a price range they can give me for something like that? also let me know if there are any reasons why this might not be reliable