price check

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
ya if u have macco prep ur car then ur dumb:lol:
Yeah...if you have Maaco paint your car, then you're dumber.

Why waste time prepping your car yourself (a nice and thorough job) if you're going to just take it to Maaco to get sprayed?? They have a bad rep. Sorry. If they're not taking their sweet time masking and prepping, they're not going to do it while spraying.

well to tell u the truth on the rest of the paint on my car....most of it is great its still the same red no paint jobs but some places like my hood and mayb 1 more lil area round the bottom near my rear tire are pinkish....so when i do get the wing painted it still might not match since my paintjob is so old and fadin....im handwaxing it from time to time to see if i can save it for now until i can afford a paintjob and the paint seems alot better then b4 alot of ppl noticed also
I suggest using a random orbit sander/polisher. You're not going to see a significant difference in the paint doing it by hand. I saw this AWESOME write-up on faded red paint a while back. Let me check if it's still saved on my computer somewhere.

You'll have to get the right products, as well.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
lol wait till you've tried a R.O. then! you'll be happy with the results. i was.

** i'll look for the pics and article later...or you could probably just google it. me = lazy right now

Teg96

ill look into it....im mad lazy too...ill just wait till u give me the info....lol...too lazy just got home from skoo..

IntegraC05

i payed 200 to a real body shop to paint a itr lip rep side skirts and itr wing, although that was a special price, a normal quote for those parts was between 300-500ish. so i'd say its a little on the high side, unless they are drilling your trunk, then i'd say thats prob the going rate.

Teg96

i got good news....i had went to the dealer from where i bought my car at and he hooked me up wit his friend and charged me only 150 so i took the offer....now on the driver side door jam the color says R-81 is there any other number that i have to tell him because i was told i need anotha number that it should say and i cant seem to find it...

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
R-81 is enough info. That is factory color code for Milano Red