Power Gain Through Intake/Exhaust

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
I never had A/C but if the I/H/E/HC doesn't do anything and you don't want to do FI, Put some Crower Valvetrain in there and Some Crower 403's with a good tune. It should help you a bit if you don't wanna boost your car. lol
If you want a power bump screw spending a grand on an intake and exhaust. In my opinion, buy a set of crower stage 1 cams and through them in and call it a day, you can always add and intake and exhaust later and you'll see a better result in horsepower.
So I was right.

It also helps if you get a lightweight flywheel. Improves throttle response and acceleration due to the crank not having to turn or rotate a heavier flywheel.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Kev_98IntegraLS said:
It also helps if you get a lightweight flywheel. Improves throttle response and acceleration due to the crank not having to turn or rotate a heavier flywheel.
Yes it does!

But don't get Aussie fired up on this.......:lol:

J/P man :D

blackmamba

LOL. I try not to use the A/C whenever I can. But being it 90 degrees +, thats kinda not possible.:lol:

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Go fast with the windows open. I lived through it in my LS, in a 100+ Degree day too. It was hot but whatever I got through it and I didn't die. Drink a lot of water too. lol

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Man I lived without ac for too long in my daily driver, now that I have it I couldn't live without it.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yes it does!

But don't get Aussie fired up on this.......:lol:

J/P man :D
No I agree it will make it feel a little faster:D. But yea Kev you were right, I don't know if I would put retainers and springs and all that in but definetly some better cams.

Kamikaze™

Blk Dude™
In my opinion, best way to get some gain is to upgrade exhaust piping size. I already had intake header, then went to 2.25" exhaust really woke it up.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Suggestion for your setup:

1) AEM cold-air or V2 intake
2) DC Sports stainless-steel 4-2-1 one-peice header
3) A'PEXi World Sport 2 cat-back exhaust

ntensedc4

i got i/e..waiting on my dc sport header and my hondata s100 so i can put my crower valvetrain on and my 404s cant wait probally put my blox intake manifold on as soon i get my dc sports header on