post whore icon

speedin

The Transporter
If so it should only count to those who make useful posts. Posting useless nonsense is the very reason we don't count lounge posts anymore. Because most of them are completely irrelevant. I wouldn't count on it. That would only instigate whoring even more
Yea, I agree. Its not happening. At least not like that. Useless post are a bad thing.

I kinda like the status bars like HT has, so that people will rate you based on information you provide. Thats kinda cool. I think it will give people a reason to donate more usefull information then "sounds good" or "I don't like that, try something else". You get the idea.:lol:
Now this is a good idea. Ive seen it on other sites as well. So that way those who are actually helping others on the site and answering questions get noticed.

There's only so much you can say to provide useful information... Everyone has answered every question on the board. If you wanted ONLY useful information, go to TI. I'll give help where I can, but with a bunch of smart people already on the boards, there isn't much you can say that someone else already hasn't.

a post whore is someone being friendly... (except in moho's case) I don't think it'll add to anything too much.. besides, people are bitching now about no one posting as much anymore... maybe it'll bring the boards more to life. maybe a post whore Icon should be awarded when you have so many posts over x amount of time. (i.e. 100 posts in a month)
We really dont want alot of "looks nice" and "clean" posts. But what your saying about them already being answered. Well answer them in your own way, or EVEN BETTER, contribute to the forward progression of the topic. You know, move deeper into the answer. Elaborate on it basically. I could go into any thread and add onto the topic in a progressive way (im just lazy). But thats the kind of posts that lead to a better site.

Im not saying dont go in the lounge and chat, but its not something to be rewarded for. I mean your not going to get a reward for talking with your buddies. But helping some stranger with a broken down car, hey their might be some reward their. LOL, ive gotten a $50 once for getting some guys car stared in a parking lot.

I think the best of both worlds is the HT method mentioned. Where members can give rep points to other members for helping them. I like that system

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea I don't want this site to get all serious, I really like the lackadaisical (yes I had to check the dictionary) nature of the site, but I also think we need something to help get people more active, and I know people like achieving things, even if it is just status points on some car forum, it gives people a reason to be more active. But I agree with speedin counting lounge posts is kinda pointless, I mean maybe something like that for shits and giggles, but I think the aforementioned idea is a good call. I also think that it will have people put a little more effort into some of there posts knowing that if they make a good point they'll get some cool points, instead of just spouting out some bs, which happens alot. By no means do I think that will take away from the fun of the site. TI and HT are gay for a million reasons but I don't think this is one of them. I mean some of us have been on here for awhile and don't have nearly as many posts as some other people that are fairly new, not saying that those people have been whoring threads because like Kutch said there's nothing wrong with talking to your freinds, but to new people it makes some of us look less active when really we're not, we're just not into idle conversation as much as others. Starting something like this gives us the oppurtunity to still be recognizable to newer members as users who may not post as much but do provide a good amount of useful information to the site and are ones to look to if needing help with something.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
ok.....well even an active bar would be tight......like how many times a month u sign on....and this can be added with how many post a month.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
well, thats the main reason i love this site. mods are chill, people are cool and we tend to stay on subject.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea, I think there should have to be a mod to ok peoples points so that you don't just have people giving people points just cause they can. Not saying anyone now would but maybe for future users.