poor gas mileage! my wife just got an LS

PogKai

B20VTEC
Spicy Hot LS said:
dam i am going to sound like a freaking noob what is the IAT
its the INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE sensor.. can be found on the intake manifold or nearby by some place on the intake

siscoke

k624ash said:
build a custom fuel tank, then you can get a ton more miles out of a tank of gas ;)
hows that? more eplanation would be welcome ;)

greetz sis

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
of course autos arent gonna get as good out of a full than a stick

ive gotten close to 400 on the highway before but that was doin 60 and gettin like 35 mpg

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i average about 210 a tank and thats because i do close to 80-90 mph on the highway if i keep it cool i see about 230

k624ash

siscoke said:
hows that? more eplanation would be welcome ;)

greetz sis
I was just joking about that, the money it would cost to have that custom fabed would be better put to use buying gas
i just think in terms of mpg since i never run my tank dry
my gas mileage sucks, i need to work on that. im getting like 20mpg

siscoke

k624ash said:
I was just joking about that, the money it would cost to have that custom fabed would be better put to use buying gas
i just think in terms of mpg since i never run my tank dry
my gas mileage sucks, i need to work on that. im getting like 20mpg
ic :p could be oc but im to naive :d

k624ash

siscoke said:
ic :p could be oc but im to naive :d
I know when you explain it it will make perfect sense. what? what is oc
if its cause i replied to your post like you were serious, im sorry im just an ass. missed the wink ;)
:stick:
What kinda milage should i expect out a 4 door ls? i figure its not as good due to the weight.

CLspec

CaliLifeSpec
teggyls said:
i average about 210 a tank and thats because i do close to 80-90 mph on the highway if i keep it cool i see about 230
yea i get around 200-220mpg...cause i do 90-120mph on freeways going to work n doin 80-95 comin home...is because im always late so i gotta get goin....my mods..96 LS..5speed..coupe...injenShortRam..DCsports4-1header..skunk2IntakeManifold...HolleyTB..JG301cams...meganTestPipe....if goin 65-70 i get around 230-250mpg....

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Melt said:
of course autos arent gonna get as good out of a full than a stick

ive gotten close to 400 on the highway before but that was doin 60 and gettin like 35 mpg
That's how you have to do it. Keep it at constant speed. 64 - 66 MPH is where you can save the most gas, unless you change speeds.

R1DC2

Got Integra?
If I were you, why dont u pour some lucas oil fuel treatment. You can buy them at your local auto parts store. I like it because it actually increased my gas mileage and power. I use it everytime i fill up.

Key Benefits:
-A great tune-up in a bottle
-Cleans and lubricates the fuel system
-Neutralizes low sulfur fuel problems
-Increases power and miles per gallon by burning excess exhaust emissions
-Increases the life of pumps and injectors