o2 simulator

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
i just bought an o2 simulator. i only wanted it for the damn check engine light, BUT i also heard that when you install it not only will it turn the check engine light off it will give you the full performance out of the exhaust system because when the o2 sensor reads all the extra flow it kinda cuts back which in turn decreases the gain in HP you just added. I was thinkin about this and i remember when i first put the exhaust on and drove it i really did feel it pull alot more, but then the check engine light came on and i didnt think nothing of it and i didnt even realize that the car wasnt really pulling that much as it was, i thought i just got used to it. HELP ME.....

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
as long as you only put it on the 2nd o2 sensor it will be fine. OBD2 cars use the 1st one for a/f readings and the second one just compares its reading with the 1st one to make sure the cat is working. the simulator just sends the proper voltage to the ECU so it thinks the cat is working

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
dc2GS-R said:
as long as you only put it on the 2nd o2 sensor it will be fine. OBD2 cars use the 1st one for a/f readings and the second one just compares its reading with the 1st one to make sure the cat is working. the simulator just sends the proper voltage to the ECU so it thinks the cat is working
yeah its for the high flow cat i have on but thats what i heard i dont know.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i have one on my GSX and it has a straight 3" turboback exhaust with no cat and no CEL. the second 02 sensor shouldn't affect your performance

Last edited:

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
dc2GS-R said:
i have one on my GSX and it has a straight 3" turboback exhaust with no cat and no CEL. the second 02 sensor shouldn't affect your performance
cool so i could just take the o2 sensor out basically hook up the simulator and plug the hole for the sensor and thats it righ, i wouldnt ever need it again. thanks dc2

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Some info the o2 does not read the flow of air, it reads the mixture of exhaust gases and feeds it to the ecu to get the right fuel management, performance and air/ fuel mixture so you protect the enviroment and dont fuck up the cat, by putting a large diameter exhaust and taking off the cat youre getting rid of backpressure which is good but to a certain extent, backpressure helps with torque at low rpm, and our little engines need all the torque they can get, plus not having an operational o2 sensor means that the cars ecu runs in a single fuel map at all time meaning that it runs rich to keep things safe but hurts performance because the computer is not doing anything just running on a set fuel map,

Yes the secondary is just to compare to the first one, if cel ligth is off youre good

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
thats kinda what i did. pulled the sensor out, wired the simulator and put in a wideband 02 sensor

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
cabezzzdb8 said:
Some info the o2 does not read the flow of air, it reads the mixture of exhaust gases and feeds it to the ecu to get the right fuel management, performance and air/ fuel mixture so you protect the enviroment and dont fuck up the cat, by putting a large diameter exhaust and taking off the cat youre getting rid of backpressure which is good but to a certain extent, backpressure helps with torque at low rpm, and our little engines need all the torque they can get, plus not having an operational o2 sensor means that the cars ecu runs in a single fuel map at all time meaning that it runs rich to keep things safe but hurts performance because the computer is not doing anything just running on a set fuel map,

Yes the secondary is just to compare to the first one, if cel ligth is off youre good
i think thats a myth (backpressure)

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
cabezzzdb8 said:

o so by putting in the o2 sim i will read a good workin sim and will use all maps at will sweet thanks guys

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
backpressure is a myth. it has more to do with exhaust gas stream velocity. if the tubing is TOO big, then the flow in the exhaust will be slow and stagnant. the right size will maximize velocity with as little backpressure as possible.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
dc2GS-R said:
backpressure is a myth. it has more to do with exhaust gas stream velocity. if the tubing is TOO big, then the flow in the exhaust will be slow and stagnant. the right size will maximize velocity with as little backpressure as possible.
agree

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
cabezzzdb8 said:
No bigger does not mean more power if it was ill be running a 6 inch cat back from a semi
i didnt say bigger means more power the point is to get the right size to make the exhasut pulses even and not distorted. you have to get them as even as possible with as little backpressure as possible. if you have backpressure the exhaust just has to do more work to leave the cumbustion chamber

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
YES^^^ too big leaves stagnate, slow moving air close to othe ports which gets sucked back in reversion during overlap and hurts performance