Need Help - Installing Carbing 3pt Strut [ lots of pics ]

ltrain

so did it work?? i was doing some research and i know this is an old thread but did that do the trick?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
haha well i already bought the 97-01 Brake Booster and Master Cylinder, but i haven't had the time to replace it since i'm busying piecing the conversion, and i'll probably need to flush my brake fluid at the same time.

but after some trail and error, lots pm's and im's. i'm positive it'll fit once i swap out the old booster and MC.

both parts are just sitting around gathering dust... lol one of these days i'll pull it out and slap it on.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
hmmm i bought it from a local off of his PY ITR. these OEM HONDA lips should costs $150 more or less... $300 brand new. i would try your local classifieds first, then ebay, then if not pay $100 more or less for brand new replicas.... prices vary depending on material of the lip

ltrain

i think ill just get a 2 point bar and a cusco brace to save the headache

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
ltrain said:
i think ill just get a 2 point bar and a cusco brace to save the headache
haha seriously... i haven't had a 3pt strut, so i wanna see what the hype is about. plus i don't think auto x's allow you to have a strut bar connected to the firewall... iono why tho :what:

ltrain

DailyDrivenDB8 said:
haha seriously... i haven't had a 3pt strut, so i wanna see what the hype is about. plus i don't think auto x's allow you to have a strut bar connected to the firewall... iono why tho :what:
thats the first i heard of that, but i bet if u remove the screws going to the firewall so its not connected in front of them they will probably let it slide

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
ltrain said:
thats the first i heard of that, but i bet if u remove the screws going to the firewall so its not connected in front of them they will probably let it slide
haha good one :thumbup:... i didn't even think of that. i haven't auto x'd yet so i dont know the rules and regulations to it. but thats what i think from what i read.