Need Help - Installing Carbing 3pt Strut [ lots of pics ]

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
Tried to install the strut today... everything was going smooth except the driver side wouldn't bolt down. seems like the brake master cylinder resivor is in the way. i tried forcing the the bar down / pushing the suspension up, but even if i forced it enough, there's a 1/3 inch gap and it might put too much stress on the container and crack.

so bottom line.. what do i gotta do now to make the strut fit? replace the resivour with a 98+ integra? are they smaller? or will i need to replace the master brake cylinder? any help would be appreciated :thumbup: . thanks in advance

INSTALLING: Carbing 3pt Front Strut Bar
APPLICATION: 94 4dr Gsr

Here's the pics to help you understand the situation. also the car is jacked up off the ground

BTW... its going on this car... :p

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I'm not sure, but maybe you could try to contact the guy you bought it from. He should be of some help.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
g3teg97 said:
I'm not sure, but maybe you could try to contact the guy you bought it from. He should be of some help.
yea i did and waiting on a reply, but i looked at his pics. .. his is a itr and the container is different.. maybe cause its a 98+? can someone confirm this for me please?

here's a pic:

nautica_t

maybe the itr reservoir is smaller if it came from an itr application, perhaps swaping that, it might help, don't know what to say otherwise though.

weksos

Hmm... as a Carbing distributor, we looked up the application listing and it is stating Carbing bars made for the 97-01 Integra. Not sure why the 94-96 is not included.

However, a possible fix to get the bar to sit on the strut tower, you may need to drop the struts down, place the bar in place and put the struts back up through the 3 holes. The strut bolts are angled so it may not clear properly.

Getting the bar to clear the resevoir, is still a mystery as it may be because the 94-96 is different from 97-01. We are not 100% sure.

Here is a picture of a Type R engine bay with the bar, it looks like the ITR has a different low profile resevoir. This could be the same for the 97-01 models.

Hope that helps, good luck with the install. :thumbup:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
^^^thanks for the info :thumbup: @ this point i'm convinced that 97+ resevoir sits lower than the 94-96... what do you guys think?...

so i guess the next question is.... are the resevoirs swapable?

PogKai

B20VTEC
SilverDB8 said:
^^^thanks for the info :thumbup: @ this point i'm convinced that 97+ resevoir sits lower than the 94-96... what do you guys think?...

so i guess the next question is.... are the resevoirs swapable?
either that or the whole master cylinder :???:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
jus so everyone knows.... YES... there is a difference in the 94-96 reservoirs in integras.... and now i need to buy a 97-01 integra brake master cylinder so i can put this stupid 3pt bar on.... god dammit >.<