mods for an ls after I/H/E?

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
haha funny, no im not staying stock but at the same time i dont wana have to think about putting back on close to stock parts to pass emissions.

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
a cat install super easy it 5bolts a test pipe will smell alittle

ewoo

filipinoFTW!
my opinion... save money. buy another motor. build it on the side for boost... it seems you feel uncomfortable boosting on such a high mileage car and i'd feel the same way. if i was you i'd buy a gsr or something and swap it in.

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
^hahaha,...nice.

EDIT: What are you future plans for the car? Before investing wayyy too much into a motor you feel has limited life, why not start saving up for a swap? If you want to try to ride it out with the engine you have now, hows the maintenence on it? Timing belt, water pump, plugs/wires/dizzy cap/rotor button?

Are you only spending money on the motor? Have you done any suspension mods or maintenence?

While not glorious, maintence can certainly keep your shit on the road longer

(sorry I cant spell for shit)

Last edited:

99Geezer

if it was me, i would get a clutch/flywheel combo. Then who knows possibly a lightweight crank pulley and make that b*tch rev real nice:thumbs up

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
lol im not gunna spend 4500 on a type R swap, i dont want to spend that much money on a swap. besides, if i wana have a newer engine thats good for modification, then i would rather go with a gsr then type R.

ltrain

well if u dont want to slap a vtec head or go boost then ......

get a heat soak shield for the intake manifold and throttle body or mabye upgrade the throttle body to 62mm (itr spec)u could also get a skunk2 composite fuel rail, (they do nothing for hp but.. they claim it lowers fuel temp alot.

people will say the heat soak shields are a waste but i disagree and besides if they were then y would a reputable company like hondata make em?

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
b16 tranny and clutch/flywheel combo! That's all I did to my ls and you'll be suprised how hard it pulls.