LS/VTEC or K20

Black_GS

What u guys think...i allways wanted a LS/VTEC but now K20 motors going for good price,,,people say it'll take a lot of work for a LS/VTEC to keep up with a type S motor or even bust it..i have faith in the B series motors but those K's have so much torque...what u guy's think...?

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
if it was me i would go for the k20 cuz its the next genration of kick ass honda engine :)

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Hey if you have the doug go for the k20, even the k20a3 from the civic si and put a k20 head

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
how is this even a Q, K series all the way. im looking for a new 4cyl accord thats been in a wreak so i can K my car.

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
i have no faith in the k series. I saw some one blow the entire engine with just a miss shift. im talking there were pieces of the valves and chunks of cams in the exhaust. the engine is not as forgiving as others. BTW i heard the trannies are horrible. Can any one validate that.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Personally, I'd rather have a B series engine.

LaDY iNTEgRa 9

. . .MiSSiN dA tEg :(
Heres my .02--

B-series motors have been around and for the most part very loyal/reliable for quite a while. With the right work, you can make them hella faster than any K motor. I'm not just saying that because I have one, because mines a POS and I'm looking to do a motor swap myself. I'm investing in the LS/VTEC. Currently I have the LS/nonvtec. Maybe I'll just fix my internal problems and soup them up, then swap heads, but I'm not completely sure on that yet.

K-series I'm not a big fan of. No-doubt that stock they are faster, but eh. As for some guy blowing his motor with a missed shift.. he probably beat that thing to death, literally. People do tend to get souped and drive their cars like they're made to constantly be driven maxxed out. They're not. And especially without the proper maintenance for that type of driving, motors will blow. Trans will get shot. Sucks but it happens. :oops:

Have you considered the H series? Those are good motors too!

But out of the two mentioned- I'd go with the B-series any day. :)

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I'm also debating on doing the LS/VTEC. I talked to a mechanic in Orlando yesterday and he has a EG with a LS/VTEC. He's doing 13s on street tires in the 1/4."

MoJoJoJo

Banned
KKK....KKKKKKK......KKKKKKKKKKK-Series OOOOOO....OOOOOOOWWWWW......OOOOOWWWWNNNN!!!

shit got me sttuuuuu ssstttuuuuu ssstttuutttttteeerrriiinnggg

siscoke

for me that would be a Q to :p i have a friend (girl) who lives a few citys away who i tend to drive with and she owns a civic type R (2003) with only another ECU (hondata K-pro) and is WAY faster then my teg Type R with intake header exh.... with standard ecu i can beat a civic type R but with a fine tuned ecu there is no way we can keep up with her. it is so that the B series is prolly faster when you have enough money to tune it right and change internals n all but if u stay stock id go for the k20

greetz sis

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Well hopefully the K's will get popular enough so that the b series prices will go down to my price range :mrgreen:

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
cabezzzdb8 said:
Well hopefully the K's will get popular enough so that the b series prices will go down to my price range :mrgreen:
seriously i hope ppl keep buying up k's so the b18c5 drop in price and then into my car lol