ls/vtec build

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
ok guys here it is i am doing a Ls/vtec build i have all my parts i just want to get some input on what yall think
i have a gsr head with itr lost motion device, itr cams, itr vtec selnoid, itr throttle body, skunk2 intake manifold, arp head bolts, greddy timing belt, greddy evo exhaust header back, ctr piston heads, jdm gsr lsd tranny ,act stage 1(6 puck ), ge conversion kit, hondata ecu and dyno and tuned

so guys tell me what u think about that setup i yalls opinions

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
obd1kenobi said:
sounds good, whats it making???

i havent got it all together yet just waiting for some more money but they thold me anywhere from 190 to 210 whp

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
ARe you getting oversized pistons, you better change out those ls rods too! They wont be good for that high reviving

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
obd1kenobi said:
ARe you getting oversized pistons, you better change out those ls rods too! They wont be good for that high reviving
i have ge rods and no it is still 81 mm

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
g3teg97 said:
Are you upgrading the valvetrain?

Do you have the GE VTEC Conversion Kit?
i have itr valve train and yes i have the ge kit

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
g3teg97 said:
What ECU are you going to run?
chipped hondata s200 or just an ls/vtec chipped itr ecu were still looking for one a lot of guys are kinda sketchy that we talked to so

g3teg97

Super Moderator
g3teg94 said:
chipped hondata s200 or just an ls/vtec chipped itr ecu were still looking for one a lot of guys are kinda sketchy that we talked to so
Look into chrome as well.

I know you probably already know this, but do a lot of research before doing this. How the engine gets built is how reliable it is.

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
g3teg97 said:
Look into chrome as well.

I know you probably already know this, but do a lot of research before doing this. How the engine gets built is how reliable it is.
ya these guys are real good they do builds like this alot and they have ran for ever it seems like they did a turbo setup on an ls/vtec build they did and it ran for a long time it is prob still running the guy sold teh car

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Sounds good. If you need / want any links I have some relating to LS / VTEC. Also do a search on this in the forum you'll find a couple good links with all the "little, but nescessary parts".

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
g3teg97 said:
Sounds good. If you need / want any links I have some relating to LS / VTEC. Also do a search on this in the forum you'll find a couple good links with all the "little, but nescessary parts".
ya i got all my parts just waiting on the tranny to get here so i can put it together