LS vs GSR

crazedtuner

Im going to buy an integera 95-99 model and i know that the LS has 142 hp and the GSR has 170 hp, but should i get a LS and get a greddy turbo kit and greddy intercooler kit or should i just get the GSR and not do any mods for a while???? Im stumped cause i only have a certain amount i can spend and i want to make the right choice. Any advice would help. Thanks.

ltrain

keep in mind that the gsr has more options then just a better engine it also has power brakes and a better tranny (shorter throws) comes stock with upper front strut bar and anti roll bar(well i think they all come stock with them)...also the greddy is over priced in my opinon your alot better off getting a revhard turbo they come with an intercooler and i think a blow off valve and the quality is good

crazedtuner

ltrain said:
keep in mind that the gsr has more options then just a better engine it also has power brakes and a better tranny (shorter throws) comes stock with upper front strut bar and anti roll bar(well i think they all come stock with them)...also the greddy is over priced in my opinon your alot better off getting a revhard turbo they come with an intercooler and i think a blow off valve and the quality is good
Thanks....what would be the most amount of miles on an engine that i should put on a turbo????

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
the ls has power brakes too i think? it all depends on you my friend.......i personally would go with the gsr.....i had one before and it was fantastic..but it got stolen..but the ls is very good for turbo..the engine is easily replaceable and you can always swap in a gsr motor later.....

ltrain

it all depends on how u take care of your car and u can always build your motor up, rods etc... mileage isnt much of an issue besides the b18b isnt very expensive at all

diablo2184

If I could i would have gotten a GSR, but there werent any. im happy with my LS, but i would still buy a gsr. if you are going to put some good mods into a car, then get the GSR. dont half-ass anything.

fatfivez

gsr, you will be happier in the long run. like somone else said, its a better car, not just a better engine.

SpeedPhein

Your best bet is the gs-r and wait for awhile, that ls all modded up won't touch a gs-r modded so why waste money on something when you could have better..

94 gs-r black, greddy evo 2 full cat, magnaflow highflow cat, dc 4-1 ceramic, 147mph topspeed not redline either let off when i saw i was going that fast i think it will hit 150 :D

also aem short ram

Last edited:

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
i saw a ls all motor ( it had i/h/e camshafts, 50 shot nos, spark plug wires and iridium spark plugs, short shifter) take down a gsr( i/h/e short shifter) last night (quarter mile race). a ls has very nice low end torque and can be very fast in the quarter mile. the guy had a time slip of a high 13 almost 12 second pass in his ls. thiink im lying go to delaware ave. and ask about last night.

CHILD

all day all JDM
IntegrasAreBest said:
i saw a ls all motor ( it had i/h/e camshafts, 50 shot nos, spark plug wires and iridium spark plugs, short shifter) take down a gsr( i/h/e short shifter) last night (quarter mile race). a ls has very nice low end torque and can be very fast in the quarter mile. the guy had a time slip of a high 13 almost 12 second pass in his ls. thiink im lying go to delaware ave. and ask about last night.
thats true, NA LS's can be very quick....but its just as costly to build an LS (with less choices for parts) as it is tp build a GSR. Plus the GSR flows better than the LS so i'd rather build with a better platform....i say GSR

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
yeah but the ls does kick ass with the 50 shot. right now im debating on getting a jdm engine or not but i dont want to be fucked with emissions, so my options are to find a wrecked gsr and take its engine or build up my ls.