Just swapped engines: Starter not doing anything

sportsma1539

Good call man. Hooked a ground from the engine to the chassis and it worked. But now I dont think I have my spark plug wires on correctly. Anyone know the order that they go on the distributor?? Its one of those msd ignition things. Any different on that? i dont know anything about those. Thanks

sportsma1539

well none of this even matters now. I just got screwed over on the engine that I bought. Once I got the starter working, I did a compression test. Obviously I did this without the engine being warm. I also read that you should be WOT when doing this but its something I didnt know to do. 3 of the 4 cylinders checked out between 150-160. I got to the #1 cylinder and it had 0 compression. We also did a leak down test and we couldnt even tell where the air was coming out of it was leaking so bad. I am so pissed about this. I bought it from an individual so I have no warranty. Hopefully I will get my money back.

mirrorimg

well none of this even matters now. I just got screwed over on the engine that I bought. Once I got the starter working, I did a compression test. Obviously I did this without the engine being warm. I also read that you should be WOT when doing this but its something I didnt know to do. 3 of the 4 cylinders checked out between 150-160. I got to the #1 cylinder and it had 0 compression. We also did a leak down test and we couldnt even tell where the air was coming out of it was leaking so bad. I am so pissed about this. I bought it from an individual so I have no warranty. Hopefully I will get my money back.
Wow that sucks. How much did you pay for the motor? Was it a deal that was too good to be true?

sportsma1539

yep thats what it was. I paid $250 for it. But it didnt have the distributor, intake manifold, header, intake on it. But the guy told me there was nothing wrong with it and that he would give me my money back if so. I got in touch with the guy and he's supposed to be working something out with me but we'll see if I get a call back or not. If not, I'm gonna hunt him down and find him.