Just bought an Integra and i need some help

da2005pizimp

Hey all I just bought a 96 Integra coupe and I need help with a few problems and questions i have. first my problems. When i pop my hood and try to put it back down it won't latch all the way down unless i play with the hood lever on the inside. second my antenna won't go down it just makes a noise when i turn the car on and off, how hard is it to fix? and my last question is that my a/c works fine, but only turns on if i put it on 3 or 4 won't work on 1 or 2; how hard is it to fix? If you can help or have any advice please let me know. Thanks in advance.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You'll need to buy a new power antenna, not something you can really fix, when they go bad they go bad, it's a fairly common problem.

mteg

Automatic Lover
Your better off just swapping in a s2000 ant. of something smaller. Avoid the cheap walmart ones.

da2005pizimp

ok cool, i'll look into an s2000 antenna. How hard are they to install? also any advice about the hood?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Check the latch to see if its got any type of build up on it. Maybe hit it with some WD-40 to get a little lube going.

RobbieDB

Definitely grap another smaller Honda antennae.

I've been through too many Wally World ones.

da2005pizimp

Well i talked to my brother and he said something like a relay something or like that. not the dash itself. and i'll spray the wd40 but i don't think that will work, i think it's off somehow.

Disco

Just loosten the bolts on the latch and play with different positions. I had a similar issue untill I spent a little time fiddeling with it.

Sirfallsalot243

it's his fan 'switch'(for lack of knowledge of proper term)

you don't need to recharge if the fan won't work on 1 and 2

i think you may need to replace that part of the dash
I was under the impression that 1 and 2 were turning on, but blowing warm air, and that it wouldnt only blow cold on 3 and 4. My bad.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
You'll need to buy a new power antenna, not something you can really fix, when they go bad they go bad, it's a fairly common problem.
wrong.

u only need the mast if the motor is running.

sorry for calling you out.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
antenna- shave and put another antenna in window or somewhere unseen
ac- probably something wrong with the lever itself
hood- had that problem, bought a new hood latch for $40 at Acura, works just like new.