is this safe?

TekBuDDy

wassup..my car idles from 1000to 1800 rpm....everyone said it is the Idle air control valve..so what i did was unplugged it and the car stop doin that rough idle..its chillin at 900.. what does that mean??and is it safe to drive with it unpluggd?

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
TekBuDDy said:
well it came on after i unplugged it
Your ecu is in limp mode meaning is runing on a set fuel map, disregarding all sensor input, yes its safe driving it like that but get it fixed

TekBuDDy

iight the thing is when i drove it like that and if i was chillin in any gear and if i just tapp the gas the car would jerk and when it was plugged it wouldn't do that

siscoke

like "cabezzzdb8" said your ecu (computer) is in some kind of safe mode (due to the fact that you dissabled that) so in safe mode you shouldnt push him down cause hes in a table/map that has safe settings just so youd get to the garage.

greetz sis

ltrain

my car idles from 1 to 2 back and forth but i think it had something to do with the temp it was freezing but today it didnt do it

LaDY iNTEgRa 9

. . .MiSSiN dA tEg :(
my car idles funny too. i did a vacuum test on it and got really good results so its not that. its my headgasket. when i start it up it goes to like 2,5 and then goes down to 1,5 in about 10 mins then after it warms up its either at 1 or sometimes drops to almost 0. it bugs me out but i know what my problem is. :cry:

TekBuDDy

damnn.i hate it..mine does it all the time even after i drive it and i stop at a light..i dont kno what to do .. :(

siscoke

TekBuDDy said:
damnn.i hate it..mine does it all the time even after i drive it and i stop at a light..i dont kno what to do .. :(
go to a dealer maybe? that ll get it fixed :D

TekBuDDy

nah fuq that thats gunna cost ma madd money just for them to take a look at it..im thinkin about sellin it if i dont get it fixed by mid Jan.

blueTEC

James
LaDY iNTEgRa 9 said:
my car idles funny too. i did a vacuum test on it and got really good results so its not that. its my headgasket. when i start it up it goes to like 2,5 and then goes down to 1,5 in about 10 mins then after it warms up its either at 1 or sometimes drops to almost 0. it bugs me out but i know what my problem is. :cry:

it does start a little high, but it's not your headgasket. you wouldn't be able to drive your car if your radiator fluid was leaking into your crankcase, and that's exactly what happens when a B Series motor blows a headgasket. you'd notice a LOT of smoke aswell.

maybe chack your IACV.

PogKai

B20VTEC
I have a problem with my IACV too.. it kinds of works but I get a check engine code... something like high voltage or so?