insane_one's DC2

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
have you ever been driving and your jacket get caught on your e brake and you accidentally pulled it while like turning?
haha

insane_one

insane user
nope. its alll intentional. the cops up here call it a "controlled slide" haha. tickets for controlled slides. haha.

insane_one

insane user
dig these! so i traded my Rota Circuit 8's for LS meshes/SKunk2 coilover/ and Tokico whites. also got a FREE THULE roof rack.

back to the meshes w/ BFG G force tires

free roof rack

Skunk2

not sure if i dig it tho. opinions? yay or nay?

not installed, jus sittin there. not sure if i like it

anyone else have a roof rack on their DC?

gee all these parts and no work. lol. im just collecting i guess. ill install when i get the chance. comments/ concerns/ flames/ welcome. feed back appreciated.

insane_one

insane user
updizate everyone!

so yea the other day a stock DC drove by me and i noticed that the tailights had lights in the very corner. mine dont. so i poped my trunk to see if there was suposed to be one. there is a bulb thats suposed to be there. weird that both sides went out. so i replaced them. also replaced my steering wheel!

heres the process. i searched on how to install a NON SRS JDM DC2 ITR steering wheel and found nothing. then i asked for help on how to install and everyone felt that they were smart and said that its the same, just dont connect the SRS to the airbag. WRONG. F you guys. heres how its done!

OEM USDM

JDM!

now removing the USDM is pretty straight forward. there are 3 panels to pop open. 1 on the left side/ 1 on the right/ 1 on the bottom

left and right/ after poping the covers there will be a screw. to unscrew you must use a "torx" wrench. if you dont know what that is, google it!

bottom one can be accessed by unscrewing the normal philips screw. then you will see yellow connectors. disconnect them. then your air bag should just come off with no effort.

now you will need a 19mm to remove the center bolt. after that the wheel should come right off.

now some one explain how this will work? it WONT!

so you've got to unscrew a bit more to pop open the colum covers

now theres 3 screws to remove this SRS thing. after that it should come off. but you will notice a little cable/wire/tape like thing that disappears into your dash. looks like you will have to cut it off but if you want to be able to use SRS again just disconnect the connector. follow the cable/wire/tape thing into the darkness

then it should come out like this

snap and screw it all the colum pieces together

center the steering wheel with the cars steering. slap it all on and wala!

oh and heres that tailight light thing

more work to go soon! leave a message

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I say make a write up and put it in either out how to section or our interior section... good job btw

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
sony cyber shot. 7.2 meg pix. maybe i just suck at taking pics
The pictures came out blurry because you had low light and you were probably moving the camera. Try to get more light next time and try to keep as steady as possible. You got this. :thumbs up

insane_one

insane user
haha. well ill practice wid the camera. maybe i need to mess with the settings? anyways going to do some work right now. 4dr look dope with roof racks regardless. but coupes? idk. we'll see! updates soon!!