I know nothing and I have some cash

DANISH DELUXE

whats the best part to change in order to get faster acceleration. I don't know much about cars so say what you like. I wont know the difference, would like the truth though.

hmongkie

you want to accelerate faster?..get better gearing.. b16/type r trannies can do wonders to a car...

patrick4588

Integra God
you want to accelerate faster?..get better gearing.. b16/type r trannies can do wonders to a car...
yeah very true. b16 tranny and a 75 shot and you're good to go. and if you have a lot of money, turbo it.

solwat231

Clean Lines No B.S.!
Best things to do is intake,exhaust,header,intake manifold, throttle body and go from there. them are all bolt on parts and easy to make somewhat of a difference.

heykosal

Angkorian
Best things to do is intake,exhaust,header,intake manifold, throttle body and go from there. them are all bolt on parts and easy to make somewhat of a difference.
Intake manifold and throttle body isn't going to help shit unless hes got more modifications, such as cams. Learn before you teach.

whats the best part to change in order to get faster acceleration. I don't know much about cars so say what you like. I wont know the difference, would like the truth though.
Best acceleration bang for your buck is nitrous hands down. But if you have money then build the motor and turbocharge that SOB!
Anyways, there isn't one particular part you can change, more like a series of parts.

Check out the Forced Induction section, here: http://www.clubintegra.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=47
And here is the FI(forced induction) FAQs: http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=9553

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I still say intake, I wouldnt tell somebody that tells me they dont know anything about cars to try a tranny swap. Anybody can install an intake.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
I did my homework on this one and i would say CAI(cold air intake) not short ram intake. i had a buddy and his always got way way hot so I personally would say Cold Air

1992tegsedan

I did my homework on this one and i would say CAI(cold air intake) not short ram intake. i had a buddy and his always got way way hot so I personally would say Cold Air
Definitly CIA and FULL exhaust dont get just a muffler youll loose back pressure

Just curious here but how much are you trying to spend'>? cause sum of the guys/gals on here might be able to help ya better if they kno how much ur working with

patrick4588

Integra God
Definitly CIA and FULL exhaust dont get just a muffler youll loose back
que? care to explain why putting pressure on your exhaust valves is a good thing? and getting just a muffler wont make you "lose back pressure"; it will simply make your already shitty crush bent stock exhaust, sound shitty. get a full exhaust to relieve back pressure and allow your engine to breath. why do you think drag cars dont run exhausts and muffler unless the rules make them? backpressure is not a good thing and only makes the car work harder to get the exhaust out of the engine. you can have an exhaust too big because then it messes with the velocities at which the exhaust exits, but that is not really the same as back pressure.

patrick4588

Integra God
I'm not realy looking for nitrous. I want something kinda like a starting piece to build my engine.
well you could buy a built head and put it on. you can find those for less than a 1000 most times. on an NA car a 3 or 5 angle valve job will make a big difference. if you arent ready for that yet, invest in some bigger cams; thats starting to build the engine and it will give you some added hp. thing with that though, you will need to get ecu management software and a tune and that will get expensive. nitrous is not the dangerous thing ppl make it out to be. i know you are new, so you've probably just heard all the myths from the retards in this world. a 50-75 shot is safe and the least expensive way to add hp (hp per dollar). you can have a bomb ass kit for 800 bucks and have an extra 75hp. or you can spend 800 on a nice exhaust and header and have 5hp. you wont really feel a 15hp difference THAT much; but buddy you will notice 75hp!