How much of a drop

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
slow_99integra said:
Lowered suspension is very hard on axles. if you get a boost in hp expect to break them. im lowered 1.5 inches with tokico shocks and springs. i boosted my car, and my axles broke pretty bad. lowered cars and increase hp break axles faster together.
never heard that be4 well im not goin with to low a drop and my car is only a stock ls lol not much power there (yet)

Darrell

I am probobly going to LS/VTEC this, no boost.

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
i got the same car as u trust me u want a 2.5 inch drop ....its looks horrible with the gap

Darrell

obd1kenobi said:
you mean 16s or Si wheels, right? Cause dem shit are only 15
Yea, sorry for my lack of punctuation. I meant 16s or some SI wheels.

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
Darrell said:
I am probobly going to LS/VTEC this, no boost.
That is a lot of extra power. Remeber that Torque is what breaks stuff not Horsepower. I got some raxels and talked to the owner Marty for like 45mins. You will have more torque and your axels will break.....make that one of you future mods.

1990TeGLs

if u do ls/vtec u need to upgrade ur brakes axles....and some other shits...stock breaks wont do ...

DarkDB1

Iv seen so many suspension combo's for the G2s seeing as how im around about 15-20 of them every other week :shock: .

Darrel, You should check out one of the G2IC meets... We have them every other week... This week was post poned til Saturday where were going to do a meet/cruise starting from San Jose, to Hayward, to stockton to Sacramento.

You could ask one of the members/cruisers for suggestions.

The DB1 and DA9/DB2 both have the same suspension set up so they are still good enough for comparison.

This is a friends DB1 he has 16" wheels with Intrax race springs and tokico blues (2" drop)

This is eibach sportlines with 17s

XSI_DA_IN_TN

I'm looking for a quality drop myself. I have the ebay special coilovers, let all the way down, now. I like how low it is, but it doesn't ride like I want it to. Sounds like the Skunk2 2.5's what I might get.

trkd_out

if you go on g2ic.com, a lot of them would suggest koni yellows for shocks and ground control coilovers. i, myself have skunk2 10/8k rated, with tokico blues with a 2.5 in the front, and 2.25 in the back. it's alright, i've heard that you really can't go to low with blues, especially with DA's because of how tall the fork is.

1990TeGLs

yup i got the skunk2 race springs and the tokico blues my car does not ride to goood...