how do i know what engine i have

94RS

No fucks given.
Looks like you have a B18B1 (original engine), just to be sure though, I'd go back under the hood and look at the piece on the block that I circled. That will tell you what engine you have. :thumbs up

Jdizzle325

awesome, it is a B18b1 thank you very much. now lets see what i can do to this thing to make it faster. with out adding turbo. any ideas?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Please research.
header intake exhaust
manifold
cams
pistons etc.

NA is a lot of money. I spent $500 for 11WHP

94RS

No fucks given.
awesome, it is a B18b1 thank you very much. now lets see what i can do to this thing to make it faster. with out adding turbo. any ideas?
You're welcome.

NA is a lot of money. I spent $500 for 11WHP
This. Unless you have a good amount of disposable income, you'll wanna either do an LS/VTEC or piece together your own turbo kit (cheaper this way than a whole kit). Stay away from eBay turbo parts if you take this route though.

Jdizzle325

yeah i was planning to get headers intake and an exhaust(i need a new exhaust to pass inspection anyway lol) and i did want to do the ls/vtec. is the ls/vtec just changing the head? i also saw a gforce performance chip i was going to buy. could i get that too?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You're welcome.

This. Unless you have a good amount of disposable income, you'll wanna either do an LS/VTEC or piece together your own turbo kit (cheaper this way than a whole kit). Stay away from eBay turbo parts if you take this route though.
How would LS VTEC make more power than a stock gsr. The only benefit is that its "cheaper" but not really in the long run.

94RS

No fucks given.
How would LS VTEC make more power than a stock gsr. The only benefit is that its "cheaper" but not really in the long run.
I didn't say it would give him more power than a GSR :???: I figure it'd give him more power than a stock B1 though, which I assume is what he wants?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah i was planning to get headers intake and an exhaust(i need a new exhaust to pass inspection anyway lol) and i did want to do the ls/vtec. is the ls/vtec just changing the head? i also saw a gforce performance chip i was going to buy. could i get that too?
please read up on doing the LS VTEC swap there are many theories behind what makes a good one and what doesnt. NO PERFORMANCE CHIP IS WORTH YOUR TIME. Unless it requires a dyno tune ie Hondata.

I didn't say it would give him more power than a GSR :???: I figure it'd give him more power than a stock B1 though, which I assume is what he wants?
I worded it wrong, i meant to say something about the cost and power, i thought he had a C1 for some reason. Anyways LS VTEC isnt a cheap alternative to buying a C1 swap, i would rather buy a C1 swap. A ls vtec still needs a tune, tranny etc which will end up costing as much as a C1 swap.

94RS

No fucks given.
This should help you:
http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/assembling-ls-vtec-32829/

And stay away from those "performance chips" that claim to add a good amount of power. From all the bad reviews I've heard about any of them, they don't do anything.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/g-force-performance-chip-what-joke-14761.html

94rs-gharp

You're welcome.

I know a guy who had an Ebay turbo itself and was making 322hp in a SOHC civic

94RS

No fucks given.
I worded it wrong, i meant to say something about the cost and power, i thought he had a C1 for some reason. Anyways LS VTEC isnt a cheap alternative to buying a C1 swap, i would rather buy a C1 swap. A ls vtec still needs a tune, tranny etc which will end up costing as much as a C1 swap.
Well yeah, that's true. I'm just trying to help the guy out. Didn't mean to give shitty info. Would the best bet, other than a C1 swap, be to turbo the B1 then? (I'm still trying to learn as I go along also)

Jdizzle325

so i should get the B18c1 engine swap? cuz my car is slow i would really like to make it move a little more lol. i want the power lol. if im going to do a swap i should just wait on the intake and headers right?>

94RS

No fucks given.
I know a guy who had an Ebay turbo itself and was making 322hp in a SOHC civic
I'm just going off of what I've seen from turbo DSMs (I was around those before the Integra), and eBay turbos usually crap out on them after a short period.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Well yeah, that's true. I'm just trying to help the guy out. Didn't mean to give s***ty info. Would the best bet, other than a C1 swap, be to turbo the B1 then? (I'm still trying to learn as I go along also)
so i should get the B18c1 engine swap? cuz my car is slow i would really like to make it move a little more lol. i want the power lol. if im going to do a swap i should just wait on the intake and headers right?>
look at doing a header intake and exhaust and then dynoing your car you might be at 180whp which is stock whp for a gsr. Look through my build thread. it shows how hard a aNA build is