how do i know what engine i have

Jdizzle325

im trying to figure out what engine i have in my integra, i know its a 1.8L DOHC but im new to hondas/acuras, and i see that people have B16, B18a, B18b, and B20....whats the difference and how do i know which one mine is. i have a 1997 integra LS. thank you.

RonnieJ86

well if its stock it would be a b18b unless it was swaped then it can be b16 or b20 and the top of the engine will say vtec on it

RonnieJ86

yes those are vtecs so u would have a b18b which is stock for the ls

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Ronnie you give a lot of incorrect info. B20 is a non vtec engine. B16 and b18c are vtec. The LS came stock with b18b, non vtec engines.

RonnieJ86

oh i was thinking of something else with b20 but i know the b16 is vtec

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Yes. That is correct. People make a b20 vtec just like an la vtec though. Maybe that's what you were thinking of. Op, on the front left of your engine block you will see a stamp in it. That's your engine code.

94rs-gharp

where noxus is talking if you look to the left of the exhaust manifold half way down is where its located

dlo253

Yeah, b18a b18b and all b20 are non vtec...... not trying to start drama. But that's two inaccurate answers in two days Ronnie. Appreciate the help, but be sure you are positive when answering people.

dlo253

No problem. Any integra from 90-01 besides gsr and type r come stock with the ls non vtec 1.8

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
the engine u have should look something like this all stock ls motor
Correction - If his is the original stock engine, since he has a 97 It should have the OBD2 valve cover on it (unless someone changed it), which looks like this.

The B18A1's and the 94-95 B1's have the same valve cover that you pictured. :thumbup: