how bad is it...?

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
i accidently reved to the limiter once on accident. However when my car hit its max RPM on the guage, i think a safety feature kicked in that stoped it from going higher. It scared the shit outa me though because it made a "wawawawawawawawa" noise.

Nothing happened to the car though, if that helps.

What ECU are you running? If you're posting in the 2nd gen section I'm assuming you have a swap. What is your rev limit set at?

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
i cant even rev over 5.5k while idle lol. Rev limiter stops it, however when driving it stops it at 9 in a startling way.

paczek

damn man...i hope nutin happened to the engine. im gona murder the kid that drove my car if my engine will start to knock the next time i floor it or sumtin. im too scared to floor it now

If you didnt chip the p72 the motor shouldnt have been able to rev past like 8300.
*Isnt 8300 the stock rev limit ona p72?
I'm failing to see how he could get the rpms to 10k if you havent altered the ECU

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
lol well I obviously had lets see.. ill go in order... I may have forgot to meantion this was on whole car fixup

Custom Radiator

Turbo of course

Nitrous

I once had Magna Flow dual exast kit with a custom header made from a new one

Fuel cell

Optima battery

Performance Lifters, Cams, Valves, Pistons, Rods, and Crankshaft

Custom Crank Pulley

Roll Bars

Drag rims and tires

Steering wheel

auto to stick conversion... PAIN IN THE ASS TOO

Disk Brake Conversion in the rear

and other stupid things

In the end I SOLD everything that I could that was sellable because my step dad was laid off and needed money bad for mortgage because I am living with him and my mom. So with what I had left I just put a oem engine with a cold intake. and thats about it. I put it back to auto because I had a drag trans with low ratio for pull off, bitch to drive with it normally. And I gave him like 6k after everything was over with. Kinda a waste because I tossed a lot of shit that I coulda kept

Mikifiki

Okay look. WHAT THE HELL MATTER WITH YOU. Its common knowledge. DRIVE THE CAR NICELY until 10k miles at least on engine and drive train... needs to work through its motions. Heres example I PUT ENGINE In my cavalier at 40k when I blew it going through a puddle. 47k, 7k on engine SPUN A BEARING and somehow cracked the rod and went through the block. This was a 15k engine too from my dad for a present I made sure it was perfect... still blew. Now I got stock engine again AND even then it blew at 80k waiting for money now..

NcSi

Turbo of course

Nitrous

I once had Magna Flow dual exast kit with a custom HEADER made from a new one

lmfao!!!!!!