how bad is it...?

paczek

is it bad for a type r engine to rev up to around 10k rpm while racing a couple times..??
got arrested this weekend lol and my friend drove my car back and found out he was revving the shit out of my car racing another civic...is that bad for the engine if it only revved that high like in 2nd and 3rd gear only a couple times on a 4000 miles rebuilt engine?

paczek

man well i dont even know...my faggot friend was driving my car and the needle got to 9 and he said he heard the engine revv even higher past 9k so im not sure....

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
^And if it's not built, tuned, and balanced for that kind of abuse then NO, it's definitely not good for it. Your car was most likely running lean and your timing/fuel maps were probably all messed up at those rpms, which COULD have caused some damage.

paczek

like i got the b18c1 with b16 head str cam gears 95 gsr cam shafts and str pistons....

u think thats suitable for that type of revs?
its poorman type r

hondaproof

hondaproof
i think id slap the shit out of my friend and take his fuckin lunch money after i fucked his old lady...or his mom.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Okay look. WHAT THE HELL MATTER WITH YOU. Its common knowledge. DRIVE THE CAR NICELY until 10k miles at least on engine and drive train... needs to work through its motions. Heres example I PUT ENGINE In my cavalier at 40k when I blew it going through a puddle. 47k, 7k on engine SPUN A BEARING and somehow cracked the rod and went through the block. This was a 15k engine too from my dad for a present I made sure it was perfect... still blew. Now I got stock engine again AND even then it blew at 80k waiting for money now..

Okay look. WHAT THE HELL MATTER WITH YOU. Its common knowledge. DRIVE THE CAR NICELY until 10k miles at least on engine and drive train... needs to work through its motions. Heres example I PUT ENGINE In my cavalier at 40k when I blew it going through a puddle. 47k, 7k on engine SPUN A BEARING and somehow cracked the rod and went through the block. This was a 15k engine too from my dad for a present I made sure it was perfect... still blew. Now I got stock engine again AND even then it blew at 80k waiting for money now..
Not to call you out or anything but, have you ever heard of the Motoman engine break in method? Read about it then edit your previous statement. You'll find that it not only contradicts your previous statement, but it provides documented proof that its a valid engine break in method that doesn't use a 10,000 mile period before you can really get on it.
I did the Motoman with my current motor. Ask 8UrCivic what he did with my car at around 250 miles when a boosted DC4 pulled beside him.:lol:
You seem to have shitty luck with engines. Also, when you say 15k are you referring to miles or dollars?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
dollars... I made it a dragster then I said freak it! I had everything performance in that engine when I rebuilt it.

mirrorimg

@ gotgohan, he wasnt the one driving it. So telling him that A. isnt going to solve any problems and B. isnt informing the correct individual who was unaware of the situation

paczek

got arrested for warrent. i got pulled over for having HWDP on my back window which basically means fuck the police in short in polish