High & Low Beam light question

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
sylvania ultra's are supposed to be really good. they also have cool blue's which arent too bad. whatever you do dont get hid look alike bulbs they aint worth 2 shits. GARBAGE!!!!!! get a nice set of HID's and you set go with the bright whites and your good. i think they put out like 202,000 cdl which is about 3x brighter than a stock halogen

imtheloserone

Banned
Sirfallsalot243 said:
UMMM... did you even read the first post?

He wasnt talking about wiring the high beams in with the low beams, he was talking about wiring the low beams in with the high beams. So when the high beams are on, so are the lows. When the lows are on, the highs are off. But G3's already do this.
lol what are u talking bout...both can be on at the same time the point is he wants them both on the same time...u dont NEED to do any wiring, its just a flick of the handle...every car i've own has this option its standard

Sirfallsalot243

imtheloserone said:
lol what are u talking bout...both can be on at the same time the point is he wants them both on the same time...u dont NEED to do any wiring, its just a flick of the handle...every car i've own has this option its standard
Yeah, im pretty sure thats what i just said, along with everyone else. He wants the low beams to shine when he flicks on the highs. We were telling him that his car already DOES that, and you told him he would get a ticket (god knows why...) :roll:

Cutupsum

Yeah--i actually didnt know for sure that mine did. I passed a 3rd Gen one night and only the high beams were on which made me think of it.

Its not standard on all cars but i guess it is on ours. Thanks anyway guys. Any suggestions for some nice looking fogs besides the 200 dollar factory ones.

CLspec

CaliLifeSpec
Cutupsum said:
Yeah--i actually didnt know for sure that mine did. I passed a 3rd Gen one night and only the high beams were on which made me think of it.

Its not standard on all cars but i guess it is on ours. Thanks anyway guys. Any suggestions for some nice looking fogs besides the 200 dollar factory ones.
NOOB!!!! u can call me ninja gaiden..i'll call u SHINOOBIE!!!...:twisted: :lol: :lol: :roll: :evil: :evil: 8)

Cutupsum

CLspec said:
NOOB!!!! u can call me ninja gaiden..i'll call u SHINOOBIE!!!...:twisted: :lol: :lol: :roll: :evil: :evil: 8)

Is that suppose to be a funny joke or just an ignorant comment. Every1 else on here has been more than helpful with me trying to learn about this car. Granted it is just my work car but I am still trying to learn about it and see where I can go with it. Speedin, Melt and a handful of others have been great but now comes a guy who only has twice the number of post as me making NOOB remarks. Maybe when you joined you were ridiculed for not knowing alot about Tegs therefore you have been sitting back waiting for your opportunity to call someone else a NOOB. Congrats you have achieved your goal. Yes i am new to the whole SportCompact scene which is why i chose this site but new to cars no, I have a couple built Mustangs, 4-Runner and have had my share of Bikes. The purpose of this site is to learn and help which is what every1 else has done with my questions being them repeated ones or new ones so if you can't add anything productive to the post KTFO.

To every1 else--Thanks for the help and suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
CLspec said:
What in that statment makes him a "NOOB".

grow up. I don't think I've seen anyone do something like that in the last year i've been active.

Are you going to call me a noob to cause I didn't know that 3rd gens did that? hmm... Guess I'm a noob to this whole car thing... I mean... Its not what I'm doing for a living or anything...

Props to you man. Your real cool!

Sirfallsalot243

I recommend the OEM honda fogs. You can find them used for around 150+ shipping. I paid 213 shipped for mine brand new. I dont have them hooked up yet, but from what I hear it makes a HUGE difference.

Cutupsum

Kuchtaboy and Sirfallsalot243 thanks alot. Do you have any pics of your fogs?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I put some of the $20 ones from wal-mart on my friends cavi. They made a HUGE difference for her. I had them wired in so when she turns on her headlights they turn on. The kit they give you makes it so you have to turn them on and off seperatly from the car.

They were great for the price.

Cutupsum

Ok--Cool, The look of the 98+ Fogs are growing on me but i guess the size of them is what is throwing me off. Ilike the smaller lights on the 94-97 models but I havent seen how much fabrication needs to be done in order to make them fit my 98.

imtheloserone

Banned
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Yeah, im pretty sure thats what i just said, along with everyone else. He wants the low beams to shine when he flicks on the highs. We were telling him that his car already DOES that, and you told him he would get a ticket (god knows why...) :roll:
then why are u even quoting me for? i thats what i said in my first post in this thread...:shock:

Cutupsum

Sirfallsalot243 said:
Im putting on the 98+ fogs with a grilltech grill on there so you cant see them, but the light will shine through.

I take it that will be similar to how Speedin did his on his teg. Post some pics when you get it done along with some in the process pics if you have time. Thanks again.

Sirfallsalot243

I dont have any pics of the 98+ front with the foglights yet (thats being done over spring break), but here is a pic of the grill i was talking about. This is on my 94-97 front end.