High & Low Beam light question

Cutupsum

I was able to find anythign doing a search but has anyone here wired their 3rd Gen so that both sets of headlights will burn together when you turn onthe High Beam?

If so cold you post how you did it or point me to the correct thread.

tisguy

umm they do light up together... if the low beams are already on. I'm 90% sure that if you're just flashing high beams when the low beams are off, it's momentary (hold on= on, release=off). so, back to your original question: I dont think you have to rewire anything..

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I don't think he wants to just hold them on.

They both turn on when first pull the switch, but the low's turn off when you release and its just the brights.

Good idea, but I don't know how 3rd gen headlights work... I'd like the light output, but that would get really hot if they are in the same housing and you might melt it... I can get you a wire diagram if you want one. just lmk

Cutupsum

Yea i want them both to stay on with Brights.

speedin

The Transporter
Also this is for a 2G right? Because 3Gs already do this. You posted in the 3G section. I moved it to the 2G.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
no speedin for some reason hes askin how to do this in a 3rd gen which already does it lol

speedin

The Transporter
teggyls said:
no speedin for some reason hes askin how to do this in a 3rd gen which already does it lol
Hum, just saw the "98 Teg" in the profile. But this makes no sence then. The 3G does this already. Only the 2G could benifit from this mod.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, come on mark... he says in the post its for a 3rd gen... lol

Didn't know they already did it. thats cool.

I think the 2nd gen would melt the housings if you tried it... I don't want to be the first to do it! lol, someone else can try.

imtheloserone

Banned
UMM....are u looking for a ticket? maybe its different in ur state...but driving with your high beams on = ticket...and plus if u want ur high beams on with ur low beams just push the handle and it will lock in...atleast with the cars i've driven

Cutupsum

My bad--some reason i was thinking only the brights came on. Its Friday and a long ass week.
Dumb post guess I need to get my low brighter somehow.

Thanks anyway guys

imtheloserone

Banned
HIDS will be ur best bet...unless u dont have money for it...and get the replace HID style bulbs

i had 4300K on my old car...and it would blind the shit out of everybody on the road...its so bright and the output is so great. and glare on stock housing is horrible lol

higher degree u go the less output but more color

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Cutupsum said:
My bad--some reason i was thinking only the brights came on. Its Friday and a long ass week.
Dumb post guess I need to get my low brighter somehow.
Don't worry about it. lol, I learned something new too. Didn't know that about the dc.

could you try some sylvania bulbs? I haven't used them personally, but my buddy put some in his gti and they did some good for him...

has anyone else used them before? What do you think of em?

Sirfallsalot243

imtheloserone said:
UMM....are u looking for a ticket? maybe its different in ur state...but driving with your high beams on = ticket...and plus if u want ur high beams on with ur low beams just push the handle and it will lock in...atleast with the cars i've driven
UMMM... did you even read the first post?

He wasnt talking about wiring the high beams in with the low beams, he was talking about wiring the low beams in with the high beams. So when the high beams are on, so are the lows. When the lows are on, the highs are off. But G3's already do this.

speedin

The Transporter
Kuchtaboy said:
lol, come on mark... he says in the post its for a 3rd gen... lol
Hell I figured he had the Gen wrong. Not like it hasnt been done before. Really the post only made sence for a 2G thats why I thought.

Cutupsum

I have PIAA's in my 4Runner and Silverstars in my Mustang so I think I will try the new SilverStar Ultra's in the teg and I'm looking for a nice set of Fog Lights to add to it also.