HID Improvement

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
lol i was trying to squeeze in the projectors from my old headlights into fog space:)

oh wait!!!!! i can do it now with no ac muahhahaha

nautica_t

^the mini cooper projo's are still kind of big. but i can't see myself molesting oem raybrig fogs, unless i can find a used set or something than i'll do it, otherwise not worth it.

chicago_vtec

chicago_vtec
hey i have a 95 GSR and i wood like to buy HIDs.........but i want to get that TL look?????????can u guys point me to the right direction????

sal

nautica_t

^you can't just buy the internals, you have to buy whole headlights.

s2k ap2 headlights are 600 a piece brand new.

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
no dont do that. get hid's i know where to get a cheap par.with my hids i dont need fogs.

Last edited:

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
why is everybody after razor sharp cutoff?
the lights are supposed to be faded so you dont blind oncoming drivers when you go over bumps or a hill

btw how does it look with s2000 retro anyone got pictures?

nautica_t

you're actually wrong, the sharper the cut off, the more squeezable light output you can get to the line without blinding on coming drivers and people in front of you.

the faded output is for reflective housing that use a normal halogen bulb, that's why you get a soft cut off vs a straight/sharp cut off with a projector.

hope that helps.

maluskeeter

HID's will give you a really good light output..cutoff length is good...My company primarily sells HID's, so trust me I know what Im talkin about...The illumination is crazy and you will see a major difference...

ill post pics of my ride here soon..

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
ye thats what i meant i thought the fade had the specific purpose of gradually blinding the oncoming drivers.

agree with keeter i work at the shop everyone havent had a single person switch back to regular lights yet.

as for myself i havent used my hi beams for about 2 years.

catzman

the reason why people get pissed off at you is because the regular non hid headlight bulbs have different focal point. so when u install HID kit it changes a little and gives you sharper cutoff as opposed to fading line .
so when u run over a bump your car jumps and it blinds the drivers
so please adjust them properly when you do get HID or new headlights.
out of 2 years driving with them i had them not adjusted for first 2 months( and i was one of the few people that had them) i got flashed every tiem i drive
finally got tired and adjusted the headlights and all the FLASHING stopped instantly.
what kind of adjustment do you recommend?

thx