HID Improvement

KevBrinks

Hey guys! I have to say I am absolutely LOVING my GSR. I will have to admit that I have -one- peeve with the vehicle...and that's with the area of illumination that the stock lights produce. I find that at night my car's fantastic handling is compromised due to the fact that I cannot see what I am turning "into".

Obviously there are a few ways around this. Although I've been encouraged to get the JDM ITR front end (which looks like it'd give a better spread of lighting) I'm not a fan of the conversion. Like many of you, I think that it makes the car look less "integra-ish" and more "accord-ish". I am very new to the car modification scene, but common sense has led me to believe that I can either change to HIDs or add fog lights. Which of these changes would have the greatest effect on my nighttime visibility, and with your suggestions could you also supply a brand that I could look in to? I appreciate any and all feedback!

Kevin

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
you could retro fit some S2000 / TSX / TL HID's with projectors into your integra head lights. my friend done it... you can see everything in front you of you so clear without blinding the drivers in front of you.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Do both actually. lol

I remember being super impressed with the light output from my stock civic headlights.

Then I added the fog lights and it was like driving during the day with both on.

kcombs

GS=goes slow
i see fine with my stock head lights,i have silverstar bulbs witch help a lot.
but i plan to add foglights soon.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Foglights give you a lot of extra light infront of your car. They don't go deap at all, but it lights up everything infront of you amazingly. lol

Suggestion to anyone who cares, wire your fogs in so you can have them on with your highbeams. it makes a lot of light at night. lol

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
factory integra headlights are actually pretty good light output. if u think about it all the cars have to pass the road safety and all the inspections.

maintaining your lights is a different story. they oxydize , crack, loosen, move or whatever which decreases light output

as far as lightbulbs go i have the whole lineup oem, sylvania(cheapest to silverstar) and phillips cool blue
and i tested them in front of my garage one after another and found veeeery little difference in light output
if someone disagree i can take pictures since i still have the collection:)
the but i d say that from dimmest to brightest(appearance) would be , oem(KYOTO) cheapest sylvania,blue sylvania, silverstar, and phillips cool blue were actually lil brighter or maybe more whitish which made them look brighter.

some states prohibit use of yellow foglights unless its offroad(like every aftermarket part)

i had foglights on mine for exactly 3 weeks untill i totalled mine and i caught alot of stares from cops driving by but havent got pulled over in those 3 weeks.

dont buy ebay hid kits they will go out in few months. save up and buy a nice one
or u can get a factory one with retrofitted 9006 bulbs (what i did and had no problems for 2 years so far)
anyway the HID kit is the one of the best things i bought for my car. because i bought one of the first halo headlights and (htey havent improoved much) but i couldnt tell if the lights were n at night...
so i took the factory housings and mounted the clear plastic with halos on the oem housing and heres the light output

nautica_t

^i sure hope not,
i hate retards who drive with there high beams on. or drive with high beams on because one of there bulbs are out. you're actually blinding hte person in front of you, causing more danger than anything

than you'll blind everybody in front of you, that's more of a hazzard.

i have retro's personally.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I really want to do a retrofit but I really don't want to open up my headlights cuz Idk what exactly I need to do or cut to make the projectors fit, so I just got HID kit..they still look good but not better than a s2k retrofit. but works for time beaning. lol

I do have 94-97 OEM Sir-g fogs as well but the HID block that light so they are just cosmetic.

sorry for the pic, I just took it real fast!

KevBrinks

I really appreciated all the feedback fellas. I'm going to do some serious price surfing to find out which improvement will be the best bang for my buck!

heykosal

Angkorian
a quick option that might satisfy you is to get sylvania silverstar ultra bulbs and a set of driving lamps. kinda like fogs but the light output is more narrow angle than the scattered fog lights. or maybe im wrong. idk im kind out of it right now.

nautica_t

i have the best of both worlds lol.
tsx retro's
plus fogs with hids lol. but i don't turn them on too often.
3K yellow hids ftw :d

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
ewww!!! factory fog lights :) just playin

paying 30+ dollars for silverstar is not worth the minimal light output gian u will have

spend those 30 dollars towards better hid kit
i work at the shop and we havent had a single customer come back unsatisfied with HIDs
i belive soem companies are coming out with a really thin ballast were still waiting on them so check those out.
depending on your car pick the color temperature
i have 4300 k since mine is a factory kit and im very happy with it it matches my white car also

my roommate had a orange metallic gsr with orange sidemarkers and deep blue hids(8000k) and it looked great with orange car
reflector ring around the headlight lens also makes it look alot sharper than mine(black housing)

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
the reason why people get pissed off at you is because the regular non hid headlight bulbs have different focal point. so when u install HID kit it changes a little and gives you sharper cutoff as opposed to fading line .
so when u run over a bump your car jumps and it blinds the drivers
so please adjust them properly when you do get HID or new headlights.
out of 2 years driving with them i had them not adjusted for first 2 months( and i was one of the few people that had them) i got flashed every tiem i drive
finally got tired and adjusted the headlights and all the FLASHING stopped instantly.