Header Help

Tegra_Devil

get a megan racing header.....the compared it to a DC header and the megan racing header out performed the DC one in every aspect from HP gains to quality....plus the megan racing one is like 150 US...if that

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I have a megan, its not bad. I think they sent me the wrong one. There is a difference between 90-91 and 92-93, only about 4 inches. :smackself

gunnersmatevls

the way i look at it u have to figure out what u want from it a 4-1 headers is gonna give you more top end torque while a 4-2-1 gives you more bottom torque, I have a injen shorty intake which applies to top end nd im planning on getting the 4-2-1 dc sports for more low end torque.

INTR2001

Black_GS said:
Im finally replacing my header...can i get sum sugestions i was thinking Chekrea, JUN racing or D.C ...4 in 1 for all of them..
Here are some statistics for you before you go out and buy some new headers. These can be pricey but are worth the money to get. I would recommend stock ITR, or DC sports JDM (cheap but works very well). Those you will have to get a 2.5 inch collector for and maybe get a new cat but this for sure you will feel the difference. And for the styles, such as poslished or ceramics, you will want ceramics if you aren't gonna run your car not so hot (normal driving conditions) but if you are planning to put nitrious (high heat output) and make long use of the headers i would recommend you use the polished. they are a lot more heat resistant. In many cases 4-1 headers are designed for racing applications where the vehicle is being driven at or near redline. The 4-1 design maximizes top end power, whereas the 4-2-1 evenly distributes it throughout the power band. There are cases where a 4-1 header works better than the 4-2-1 and in those cases you can use this design (4-1). Well hope that helps out man... here are some other headers you can take a look at and see how they perform. Like i said some are outragously expensive but sometimes worth the money! http://bob123e.tripod.com/thegreatheadertest/ or http://www.importreview.com/performance.html

Last edited: